+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George McMahon (keeper) /academy

George McMahon (keeper) /academy

Had good reviews from our club but then we let him go.

Now at Burnley.

Warney mentioned last season that he wouldn’t have a problem putting some in the first team (Wiles for one) why doesn’t it happen?

Either get them in side or loan them out, don’t waste their talent

I read a piece on this last week.

The lad seems to have done well for himself getting a place at Burnley but he's going to be behind a lot of keepers there so it's no where near guarenteed that he'll ever play for them.

Bilboe must be doing something right for the managent team to keep him but as for the remark from Warne saying that he'd have no problem putting some in the first team I don't believe it because the stakes are too high.

He did appear on the first team bench once at the NYS... when Rodak was on international duty, Bilboe was out on loan, O'Donnell ( or was it Price?) was injured

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Bilboe must be doing something right for the managent team to keep him but as for the remark from Warne saying that he'd have no problem putting some in the first team I don't believe it because the stakes are too high.
    The young lads are nowhere near ready for the Championship.
    My guess is Ben Wiles, Joshua Kayode, Akeem Hinds and possibly Reece McGinley will go out on Youth loans.
    As long as it’s to the right club with the right Manager.
    It’s no good sending them out if they’re not going to be involved.

The young lads will never get to championship standard.

Highly unlikely that they will ever play in the first team no matter what league we’re in.

It’s going to take an exceptional player to break through and we’ve none of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The young lads will never get to championship standard.

Highly unlikely that they will ever play in the first team no matter what league we’re in.

It’s going to take an exceptional player to break through and we’ve none of those.
    Unfortunately that's true.
    Yates is supposedly the best one to come through the academy in recent years and he's not League 1standard never mind Championship. I hope his loan spell in League 2 helps him progress but I have my doubts.
    I have said before that we ought to do away with the academy and follow the Peterborough model of scouring the lower leagues for talent.
    I know you have a similar view Grist.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Unfortunately that's true.
    Yates is supposedly the best one to come through the academy in recent years and he's not League 1standard never mind Championship. I hope his loan spell in League 2 helps him progress but I have my doubts.
    I have said before that we ought to do away with the academy and follow the Peterborough model of scouring the lower leagues for talent.
    I know you have a similar view Grist.
    Yes thank you, we all know about Grist scouring for talent

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Yes thank you, we all know about Grist scouring for talent
    so do the police

Bump