+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ot - Death Penalty

1. No - a majority of those who get off their fat arse and vote works for me. By choosing not to vote you lose your right to an opinion.
    2. Of course they are not, but that's democracy for you. Most of the electorate probably wouldn't know if they had followed through after a good fart, but they still have the right to fart.
    3. Why indeed but I am not convinced that those in parliament have enough moral compass to vote on anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    Maybe one of our older generation could enlighten me as to what crimes were punishable by death back in the day
    Sheep stealing. Swan stealing. Deer poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    1. No - a majority of those who get off their fat arse and vote works for me. By choosing not to vote you lose your right to an opinion.
    2. Of course they are not, but that's democracy for you. Most of the electorate probably wouldn't know if they had followed through after a good fart, but they still have the right to fart.
    3. Why indeed but I am not convinced that those in parliament have enough moral compass to vote on anything either.
    1. Bit of an over simplification Parky. If you’re going to pass decisions to the ‘people’ at least make sure the ‘people’ aren’t on holiday or in University accommodation, have access to the facts and understand how important the decision actually is.
    2. Cynical and a little elitist but probably not entirely wrong...so why trust them with a decision of such magnitude?
    3. I share your misgivings, but Parliamentary Democracy is the system we have...makes no sense to me to remove the biggest national decision for decades from Parliament and pass it back to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sheep stealing. Swan stealing. Deer poaching.
    Didn't realize you and Geoff were that old with him talking about the 19th century too

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    Didn't realize you and Geoff were that old with him talking about the 19th century too
    17th actually

There are family rumours that, way back when, one of our forbears was hung forsheep stealing.......

There is a family rumour that I am hung too

There is a family rumour that I am hung too
    But not ‘well’ apparently.

Says the man who was ironically nicknamed Donkey Kong in the staff room

News breaking, Pakistan 'suicide' bomb blast kills at least 25 people. I can't believe the savages out their! If they catch the people that's done this it will be nice to know they won't be fed and watered for the next 25years plus!

Says the man who was ironically nicknamed Donkey Kong in the staff room
    Lol...you promised never to mention that!

I’m still puzzled that your ‘dimensions’ attract ‘family rumour’...slightly suspect some might have thought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)