+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No further televised pre-season games

No further televised pre-season games

As predicted, LUTV has proven to be a big fat bag of the preverbial . Refunds now processed to all who bought the bundle or games individually.

No way to watch the pre season games now , not even commentary from what i can tell. AR runs a sports media broadcasting company ffs....shambles.

If anyone knows how to get at least commentary please post.

Not sure he (or his companies), runs the broadcaster, just the company that owns/manages the rights to the various leagues/divisions, with local broadcasters responsible for the boots on the ground stuff (same as Sky and F1 for instance).

Still bloody embarrassing that someone with his profile/connections can't get half a dozen pre-season games properly covered. Who knows what will happen when LUTV has to compete with real broadcasters!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    As predicted, LUTV has proven to be a big fat bag of the preverbial . Refunds now processed to all who bought the bundle or games individually.

No way to watch the pre season games now , not even commentary from what i can tell. AR runs a sports media broadcasting company ffs....shambles.

If anyone knows how to get at least commentary please post.
    BBC Radio Oxford

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06dbtzg

Maybe, showing the games was affecting season ticket sales.
    The streaming of the 2 games I saw kept looping, occasionally happens with BT Sport, so it must be a technical/technology issue.
    LUFC site will be running a text feed.
    Strange line-up again.

Huffer, Pearce, Diaz, Klich, Shackleton, Vieira, Baker, Ideguchi, Rey, Clarke, Dalby.
    Subs: Blackman, Roberts, Edmondson, Stevens.

I think this was similar to the York match

Tinkerman comes to mind, has no idea yet who his best team is.

I was hoping we'd be bedding in the league Line-up by now.

Here's my assessment of the York Game I've copied and pasted it, as I've a feeling tonight's game will have a similar outcome.

hope I'm proved wrong.

Klich, Baker and Vieira played well. Ideguchi had his moments. Some of the young boys had reasonable games though showed a lack of intelligent movement in forward areas, often berated by Baker. Who with better players to service around him looks a good signing.
    Looks like it will take time getting used to this 3/3/1/3 formation and I don't know if we have the players to implement it. The 3 at the back looked so open, without others tracking back. Better teams than York could annihilate us. The high press was successful in winning back the ball in their half many times, though once we'd won it back failed to do anything with it against a packed defence. I fear decent counter attacking teams with pace upfront will be our undoing.

26 minutes and 2:0 Oxford already. Obviously a step up from York.

Most Sky games during August and September so far goes to....
    Leeds Utd - 5 Games - More than ANY other Premier league or FL team

bloody amazing yet again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Most Sky games during August and September so far goes to....
    Leeds Utd - 5 Games - More than ANY other Premier league or FL team

bloody amazing yet again...
    Seems the revolution WILL be televised

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)