+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Newton

Danny Newton

Apparently a bid has gone in at Stevenage
    600 thousand is the bid,they want about 750 thousand
    Not too excited about this one but strikers is what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Apparently a bid has gone in at Stevenage
    600 thousand is the bid,they want about 750 thousand
    Not too excited about this one but strikers is what we need.

We have been following this lad closely since last Christmas. There will be a reason Mowbray and our transfer department have this lad on our radar. As he ticks every box for the type of player he is looking to bring in.
    We have a long list of targets, some we will land, some we wont.

I can't say I know much about this lad, I can say I trust Mowbrays transfer department/team who go and scout these players. He gets most of them right.

That would be one hell of a punt, and certainly wouldn't keep at bay the rabid hordes who want us to sign a "star"!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That would be one hell of a punt, and certainly wouldn't keep at bay the rabid hordes who want us to sign a "star"!

If someone came in for Dack today Auks, how much do you think that club would have to pay?
    Bearing in mind we paid £750k for him a season ago?
    I think we would be looking at a 400/500 % profit at least. In 12 months.
    Where we are as a club, is finding the next star. With something to prove. Young and hungry, willing to learn, and willing to work hard.

We top up our squad, with loan players from the Prem clubs, whos starlets we simply couldn't afford normally.
    Like Casey Palmer.

The hordes are unable to be pleased at any time, as they don't understand football.
    Most of them don't go.

I always keep an open mind, Champs. It's just that a L.2 player with mainly non-league experience doesn't tick many of the boxes TM himself suggested.

Dack had played mainly non league and League 1 football. Plus he started relatively late.
    No other club showed any interest, apart from us.
    I'm not sure there will be any better players than him in the Champ next season.

Or, you do what Stoke do and buy someone they believe is ready made. Tom Ince for £10m.

Both you and I know, that we simply cant afford to go buying players off the shelf at top prices. for £10m.

We need to find a gem playing in Div1 or 2, and bring them on.

Personally I think Dack is a better player than Tom Ince, and I know who I'd want in my side next season.

But it would take some knowledge and forsight to know that decent players exist in the bottom few leagues. If you have money, you don't use your head, like we do. You just spend £10m on crap like Ince. Because its easy.

People on BRFC's see this 'name' like INCE, and see a name they haven't heard of and DEMAND we should be wasting £10m on ****e.

I've seen the likes of Stoke, Derby, Leeds etc etc all spend lots of money on names like Ince and Bamford. I see a lot of wasted money.

This lad fits the bill for us.

Young, determinded to learn and get better, doesn't cost the earth, and isn't going to be a major flop at £10m, like Ince or Bamford etc etc

Mowbray out
    Last edited by champs95; 31-07-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Fair points, Champs, but - as I said - if he arrives and doesn't do the business, the hit-squad will be licking their lips again.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Fair points, Champs, but - as I said - if he arrives and doesn't do the business, the hit-squad will be licking their lips again.

Those people will never be happy. They will sit and wait for anything to go wrong.
    If nothing goes wrong, they will invent something.
    If that fails, and Rovers (the club they 'support') do well then they will devalue it.
    If we won promotion next season, which would be a minor miracle, the muppet who posts here, and his mates on BRFC's will say 'its nothing, we should have never gone down'.

Football is populated by clowns and idiots. Where I sit at Ewood I'm surrounded by them. They are the ones that go!! Imagine the ones that don't! Sadly, you cant please everyone. With fans like Blackburns, you face an uphill struggle.

The fans who go to away games are great, and normal football fans, who understand what's going on.

At the end of the day. some signings work, some don't. If you aren't spending a fortune on any one signing, then the risk is minimal.

These poor negative lads who moan on and on, I feel really sorry for them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)