+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Ha Ha, another Manager in waiting, where do they all reside B4 they come nad apply their vast knowledge on this Board.

Is there any wonder its is the MAD BOARD.

Be gone with you, next please.
    What is the point in that response? If you don't agree with me that is your prerogative Sir. No need to be a tw_t about it though hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't understand it either. Having triggered the year extension on his contract Jon Stead could have taken it easy and just picked up his wage packet. To his great credit, he's decided not to do that and opted to make the new signings work to replace him. That has to be beneficial to the club. We have Stead for another season, and given his work ethic I just don't understand the negativity from some.
    A great role model for the kids in the club. Whatever shortcomings he may have , and I don't think there are too many, his attitude is admirable

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He was given the same service as Grant, Forte and Allesandra who all scored more in comparison to the minutes they were on the pitch. Take out the penalties and it gets even worse (for those saying penalties count, how many did Stead win himself? If he won them then feel free to count them)
    Non of the above had to play the loan striker roll feeding off hoofball tactics and being marked by 2 big division 2 defenders, there is no comparison imo.

I don't get this he played 60 mins for notts. yet is the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    I don't get this he played 60 mins for notts. yet is the best thing since sliced bread.
    How many others can claim a 1.5 goals per game ratio in a Notts shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Non of the above had to play the loan striker roll feeding off hoofball tactics and being marked by 2 big division 2 defenders, there is no comparison imo.
    We played 1 up front for 2 games. Just 2 games, the rest of the time we played 4-4-2. Also, I think you mean lone, Mason Bennett played the loan striker role for a few minutes though

Jon Stead has had a pretty good career and he's played more games and scored more goals for us than anyone else in his career. you could probably count on one hand the amount of times he's looked like he's not putting in 100% during that time, notably when his heart was set on a move to the US imo but even after we denied him that chance and said we needed him to stick around he went straight back to giving his all imo when others (*cough*Forte*cough*) would have sulked or tried to force a move.

The guy has been a model pro whilst here and I think some fans give him way more stick than he deserves. He might not grab 20+ goals a season but his overall goal contribution (including assists and cup goals) has been better than people give him credit for.

However, as others have said, hopefully the strikers we've just spent a **** load of money on will be keeping him out of the team because it will obviously mean they are both playing well and we spent our money wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post

However, as others have said, hopefully the strikers we've just spent a **** load of money on will be keeping him out of the team because it will obviously mean they are both playing well and we spent our money wisely.
    Now we have quicker strikers in the team, opposing defenders have someone else to mark and we may then see Jon Stead back to his best.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Now we have quicker strikers in the team, opposing defenders have someone else to mark and we may then see Jon Stead back to his best.

Hopefully both our new strikers will be playing and Stead will be on the bench..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Hopefully both our new strikers will be playing and Stead will be on the bench..
    Stead will start a week on Saturday me ode half empty mate , and he deserves to giving what i have seen against Derby and Leicester.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast