+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mason Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    So both are strikers but it’s unfair to measure Ameobi on how many goals he scored? So if he was in the team to create opportunities for others then the fact he had 3 assists is also pretty poor. However Stead who you say contributes nothing if he isn’t scoring had 9 assists!
    Assists only take into account who passed the ball last really. How much hold up play does Stead actually do? Ameobi was generally marked by two players, that leaves one player free, how many players were marking Stead? Bearing in mind a breeze had him on his backside? Target men don't score the goals, Ameobi was the target man, the leaves Stead to get the goals. Just put it this way, how many scuffed shots or out right poor shots did Stead manage last year? If you think he's a good striker of the ball, I'm going to take it that you don't watch the matches. He's taken the scuffit title away from Scoffham last year. The amount of times he was in a fantastic position to only drag the shot wide or pea roll it back to their keeper was a disgrace. I once had a neutral watch the game with me and he was shocked that our Stead was the same Stead that was in the premier league because his shooting was so poor. I'm not saying Stead wasn't a good player, but he's definitely lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Assists only take into account who passed the ball last really. How much hold up play does Stead actually do? Ameobi was generally marked by two players, that leaves one player free, how many players were marking Stead? Bearing in mind a breeze had him on his backside? Target men don't score the goals, Ameobi was the target man, the leaves Stead to get the goals. Just put it this way, how many scuffed shots or out right poor shots did Stead manage last year? If you think he's a good striker of the ball, I'm going to take it that you don't watch the matches. He's taken the scuffit title away from Scoffham last year. The amount of times he was in a fantastic position to only drag the shot wide or pea roll it back to their keeper was a disgrace. I once had a neutral watch the game with me and he was shocked that our Stead was the same Stead that was in the premier league because his shooting was so poor. I'm not saying Stead wasn't a good player, but he's definitely lost it
    The stats do not show he is on the decline though...

Goals & Assists 16/17 - 19
    Goals & Assists 17/18 - 22

Ah but of course, his cup goals don't count do they? Despite most of them being against teams from the leagues above us...

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    The stats do not show he is on the decline though...

Goals & Assists 16/17 - 19
    Goals & Assists 17/18 - 22

Ah but of course, his cup goals don't count do they? Despite most of them being against teams from the leagues above us...
    He has had his day and we should move on..He played well against a pub team from Hucknall and was marked out of the game against Basfofd and was woeful against Derby . He was half decent against Leicester and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He has had his day and we should move on..He played well against a pub team from Hucknall and was marked out of the game against Basfofd and was woeful against Derby . He was half decent against Leicester and thats it.
    As someone else said the last time you posted that, you could say exactly the same for most of the squad this pre season.

Stead always gives 100% and given the right service will get goals and create chances.....but age is against him now...he's never had a yard in him to lose ...He is a good squad player (impact player)?
    When forwards are struggling...bring Stead on as you know he will always put a shift in....only thing I am not keen on is he goes down to often and too easily and refs know this....stay on your feet Stead and throw your weight around.

Quote Originally Posted by POSTYPIE View Post
    Stead always gives 100% and given the right service will get goals and create chances.....but age is against him now...he's never had a yard in him to lose ...He is a good squad player (impact player)?
    When forwards are struggling...bring Stead on as you know he will always put a shift in....only thing I am not keen on is he goes down to often and too easily and refs know this....stay on your feet Stead and throw your weight around.
    Although a deal is in place from the summer, I reckon with Bennett being in such good form preseason, Derby's striker transfer business being all up in the air, and Allesandra doing well for us preseason, I don't think we will end up with him. Nolan feels he needs to strengthen in Midfield and the keeper as a priority over the striker position. Don't be shocked if we have a new CM and GK before Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Although a deal is in place from the summer, I reckon with Bennett being in such good form preseason, Derby's striker transfer business being all up in the air, and Allesandra doing well for us preseason, I don't think we will end up with him. Nolan feels he needs to strengthen in Midfield and the keeper as a priority over the striker position. Don't be shocked if we have a new CM and GK before Saturday.
    Apparently Nolan and Karanke was spotted out together, wondering if we'll take either Smith or Henderson on loan from them? Fitzsimmons doesn't look ready but is a capable back up

Henderson is certainly a name ive been hearing for a while, so wouldnt surprise me if it was him, although Smith is highly rated too.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Bennett came on as sub for Derby for the last 20 minutes against Reading last night and put in a very impressive performance. In the last minute of added time he made a brilliant run and cross from which Lawrence headed the winner.

He’ll definitely be in Lampard’s first team plans now, and any chance Notts had of signing him on loan again will have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    He’ll definitely be in Lampard’s first team plans now, and any chance Notts had of signing him on loan again will have gone.
    Agreed. After watching the superb delivery to Lawrence for that winner I had the very same thought. He's just booked his starting place next game I reckon.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast