+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Burnley Official Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Agreed. He played very well against a multi million defence. He is limited, but played to the best of his ability. He was out on his arse when he came off.
    MoTM for me but loads of positives.
    Defence looked very solid esp the new guy who hadn't met his team mates 48 hours or so ago.
    Young Fergie looks great.
    Ball was very good.
    Team already looks stronger than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    MoTM for me but loads of positives.
    Defence looked very solid esp the new guy who hadn't met his team mates 48 hours or so ago.
    Young Fergie looks great.
    Ball was very good.
    Team already looks stronger than last year.
    I thought Ball or Devlin would have got man of the match.
    Ball played his role very good (a position in modern football which has too many players in the one team doing) so I will acknowledge his good game. Devlin as predicted will be the best newish player the club has signed and I hope no one is thinking that we are missing Anthony O’Connor!

Not sure why people are saying Ball was good he gave the ball away at least 5 times with slack passes,fair enough he put in a shift in midfield but he needs to cut out the mistakes or it will end up costing us.

Other than that it was a good performance against a decent team.

Ferguson looks like a good signing as does Devlin,if we can keep him fit he will make a decent partnership with McKenna.

The new guy done well at left back although the guys next to me gave him grief for the whole game, I realised why when they said the sooner Considine was back the better they were obviously in the Consi fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure why people are saying Ball was good he gave the ball away at least 5 times with slack passes,fair enough he put in a shift in midfield but he needs to cut out the mistakes or it will end up costing us.

Ferguson looks like a good signing as does Devlin,if we can keep him fit he will make a decent partnership with McKenna.

The new guy done well at left back although the guys next to me gave him grief for the whole game, I realised why when they said the sooner Considine was back the better they were obviously in the Consi fan club.
    Pretty sure Ferguson had more "misplaced" passes than Ball.

Anyway not entering into any arguments tonight, thought everyone did very well. Good solid team performance and to be honest I thought we looked more solid and further advanced than this time last season which can only be a good thing.

I hope you're all going to be happy when hat trick hero Stevie May puts us through to the next round.

Ball did make a few mistakes but overall I thought he was very good (for a change). Our midfield all had slack passes at times but in general they done alright.
    Ferguson and Devlin look decent prospects I agree.
    People who stick up for Considine are only taking the piss, trying to get a reaction probably. No way should he be playing next week unless Del needs his big defenders playing up front at the end of the match next week ( don’t deny this ever happens folks )

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I hope you're all going to be happy when hat trick hero Stevie May puts us through to the next round.
    He needs a good haircut and a shave which will hopefully let him see the ball a bit better.

They’ll get their wish as he’ll be back in getting ran ragged by Aaron Lennon next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Ball did make a few mistakes but overall I thought he was very good (for a change). Our midfield all had slack passes at times but in general they done alright.
    Ferguson and Devlin look decent prospects I agree.
    People who stick up for Considine are only taking the piss, trying to get a reaction probably. No way should he be playing next week unless Del needs his big defenders playing up front at the end of the match next week ( don’t deny this ever happens folks )
    I’m not saying he was shyte I thought they all played well tonight but he gave the ball away in positions which put us under pressure.

Apart from that he done well but motm is taking it a bit far.

Overall we made them look average and they were struggling to break us down which was because of the entire team.

Decent performance from the lads tonight. It’s a tough ask next week but not impossible.

Domestically I think we’ll be fine. We might struggle to score goals but we look pretty solid defensively.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast