+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 0t The weather

0t The weather

...looks like thundery showers all evening from about tea time according to bbc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639093

Have to say I'm starting to get pissed off with me back garden looking like a desert and not being able to sleep at neet.

Its fecking south yorks not the Sahara.

Let's have a bit o watter now eh?

It's a bloody dog to work in no doubt .

Not only that I've picked the hottest summer in years to totally transform my back garden , just built a decking area with a pergola and now a small paved area , raised beds and various to follow , it's like digging in to concrete .

At least I've not had to break off and mow the front garden , not grown a centimetre in weeks .

Get it all done for next summer and it will pyss it down from June to September , guarantee it .

Holidaying in uk in early sept. It will sure as heck piss it down then!

I've loved it, but I'm ready for some rain. Let's have a little cool down and then have some more fine weather before autumn and winter kicks in.

I love this weather but have to agree Roly, we need some rain hopefully through the evening.

Anyone who still thinks global warming/ climate change is a load of b******s? I remember 72, floods coming back from Rotherham United versus Rotherham Town cricket match. Canklow road being like a river, trying to get back to Brinsworth, and the summer of 76. But I don't recall a global heatwave like this eg other side of world in Japan.
    Hoping to get to Cleethorpes tomorrow, but still welcome some rain.
    Last edited by brassgnat; 26-07-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    Anyone who still thinks global warming/ climate change is a load of b******s? I remember 72, floods coming back from Rotherham United versus Rotherham Town cricket match. Canklow road being like a river, trying to get back to Brinsworth, and the summer of 76. But I don't recall a global heatwave like this eg other side of world in Japan.
    If we get a summer like this every year then I'm all for more global warming!
    Until the water runs out 😓 but we get enough of that through the other seasons 👍

Speaking of water, I've never seen the river Don as low. You can actually see the riverbed, and all the stuff people have thrown in over the years, shopping trolleys, engine parts, tyres etc. A stark contrast to a few years ago when it burst it's banks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    If we get a summer like this every year then I'm all for more global warming!
    Until the water runs out 😓 but we get enough of that through the other seasons 👍
    As long as the beer doesn't run out!

Is there only me with a swimming pool?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast