+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simon Moore

Simon Moore

Puts pen to paper on a new 3 year contract:

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/july/moore-deal/

yeah pleased with that know he has his critics but im sure chris will have told him to try and fight for a place in the team its up to him to perform when he gets the chance and keep henderson out

Decent back up for hendo who knows he might improve training with a better keeper

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah pleased with that know he has his critics but im sure chris will have told him to try and fight for a place in the team its up to him to perform when he gets the chance and keep henderson out
    I like him. Keepers go through brilliant spells and low spells, look at De Gea in the world cup, not a shadow of himself at Man Utd. Definitely think we need him and glad he's signed.

Good, he won’t let us down.

i think theres still plenty of improvement with moore and think he will get better like i said its up to him hes obviously second choice at the minute but its up to him to perform well if hendo gets injured and that is likely to happen at some time in the season 2 in competition for every position is what chris wants

I know there's some question marks against Moore, but we certainly can't go into the season with a loan keeper and a kid. Glad this is sorted and put to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I know there's some question marks against Moore, but we certainly can't go into the season with a loan keeper and a kid. Glad this is sorted and put to bed.
    The kids older than the loanee !

Can’t say this changes my opinion of Moore (iffy on a few keeper basics) but it will mean he has to be 100% on his A game to get back in (barring any injuries)
    Also if other clubs are sniffing round (or is this agent bollox again) it will upgrade his future sale value.
    Hope Hendo stays fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Moore has two basic flaws he is poor with dealing with shots from distance and has an annoying habit of pushing the ball back into play when he has got across to a shot. Cost us the game against Barnsley away last season. He needs to move his feet quicker to get to the ball earlier. This would help him in dealing with free kicks and shots at his near post. He is a very good communicator and tries to command his area. His distribution is good and he does get out quick for 1 on 1's.

I keep hearing CW say Darren Ward is a great goalkeeping coach but too many goalkeepers over recent years haven't had basic flaws ironed out.

All in all we are probably not going to get better back up unless we spend some money which would be better going on fees for other positions.
    I dunt think Mooro's brill by any stretch but as i recall Pickford the England was gerrin slaughtered for pushin saves back into play but then it was all forgotten after his penalty heroics.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast