+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry maguire

Blackwell was a bully and a one trick pony that’s why he ain’t a manager now. He upset good young prospects many of whom developed into quality players with other clubs.
    Nathan Dyer, great shout.
    We always say it don’t we but imagine all those together!!

Quote Originally Posted by bladesince64 View Post
    Blackwell was a bully and a one trick pony that’s why he ain’t a manager now. He upset good young prospects many of whom developed into quality players with other clubs.
    Nathan Dyer, great shout.
    We always say it don’t we but imagine all those together!!
    Hasn't Blackie just helped Cardiff go up? Who were the young prospects he upset? Cotterill? D'ya think Tufty dunt gi these lads a ballhackin when it's warranted? I aint sayin i'd want Blackie back at BDBL (i think Tufty's the best boss we've had since Harry Bassett) just statin the fact his lowest finishin position as our boss was 8th in't championship and like it or lump it that is a fact.UTCB

I’m not disputing the stats, And I’m sure Tufty does ******* players when needed. What I’m saying is that coaching staff verbally abusing young players (screaming at them and humiliating them) is not acceptable. I know this happened Rod and no it wasn’t just Cotts.

I’m not disputing the stats, And I’m sure Tufty does ******* players when needed. What I’m saying is that coaching staff verbally abusing young players (screaming at them and humiliating them) is not acceptable. I know this happened Rod and no it wasn’t just Cotts.
    Its an 'old school' manager thing. I don't think he was smart enough, so probably fell in with Megson and the other dinosaurs. Fergie, Big Sam, theyall used to do it, and it didn't seem to make them bad managers. Maybe they were smart enough to know who and how much. Football has moved on a bit since then. Agreed I wouldn't take Blackwell over Tufty, but as much as he was disliked by a large proportion of our support, Blackwell kept us at the top end of the championship during his time here which is a lot more than most of our managers have achieved. Even Tufty hasn't had an 8th place finish yet..!

I agree about the old school managers and the methods they used to ‘motivate’ players but not sure that it can work in modern day football. Also believe CW rules with a very strict regime and I’m all for that but I know 100% that he treats players with respect and he nurtures particularly the younger ones.

If Harry goes for £65m, it will mean that United’s Academy have produced the two most expensive defenders in history to date.

I hope he doesn't go to Man U, I can see Mourinho treating him the same way as Luke Shaw, if he goes upfield and a mistake is made and the opposition score.

Incredible achievement by the academy Gray and in particular the success rate that Ron Reid oversaw.
    Where’s Len when you need him?

Incredible achievement by the academy Gray and in particular the success rate that Ron Reid oversaw.
    Where’s Len when you need him?
    Alive and well and goes by the name of Pedro by all accounts B64

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Alive and well and goes by the name of Pedro by all accounts B64
    Trying to get Len to give any kind of praise to the club was harder than getting a smile out of the first Mrs FKB's mother...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast