+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry maguire

Lowton ???

Arghh good one Ronnie I missed one of the best ones (seriously).
    He was a real favourite of mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesince64 View Post
    Arghh good one Ronnie I missed one of the best ones (seriously).
    He was a real favourite of mine as well.
    Wor abart BIG KEV or the best of the lot a fit FLYNNALDO? Just for Benny,Tony mc(cafu)moahon and gerrin McGinn,who must be a good player cos Clarke Carlisle once said he'd had a good game accordin to Benny, UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 26-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.

I really liked Tom McCowan.

Erghhh another two crackers Rod, I was a huge fan of Moneygrabber McDonald, he was one the most talented midfielders we had in that Wilson era. Wasn’t a big fan of Flynnaldo but he deserves a special mention for his two fantastic goals in the FA cup run - away at Villa (the Blades in the away end just went ballistic when that went in) and the one against Charlton at home (what an atmospher at BDBL that day)

What about Leon Britton? A fantastic midfielder who was brought in to watch the ball sail over his head as it was lumped up the pitch from defence to strikers. For some reason he didn't stay long...

Used to piss myself watching the players doing one-touch short passing drills during the pre kick-off warm up then we’d just launch it literally from minute one and the ball would hardly touch the pitch from then on.
    Blackwell ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    What about Leon Britton? A fantastic midfielder who was brought in to watch the ball sail over his head as it was lumped up the pitch from defence to strikers. For some reason he didn't stay long...
    Can I add Nathan Dyer to that? Pace a plenty, trickery, but cast aside because he couldn't win headers against 6ft2 centre halves.

PS. Actually, I was okay with Blackwell. Sure the football wasn't pleasing on the eye at times (3pm Saturdays, and 7:45 Tuesdays...), but he built a winning team out of the car crash he'd been left, and although he was a bluff old cove, I quite liked him. There I said it...

Should have kept his gob shut about the ref before the play-off final though. Schoolboy error..

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Can I add Nathan Dyer to that? Pace a plenty, trickery, but cast aside because he couldn't win headers against 6ft2 centre halves.

PS. Actually, I was okay with Blackwell. Sure the football wasn't pleasing on the eye at times (3pm Saturdays, and 7:45 Tuesdays...), but he built a winning team out of the car crash he'd been left, and although he was a bluff old cove, I quite liked him. There I said it...

Should have kept his gob shut about the ref before the play-off final though. Schoolboy error..
    When all's said and done Blackies lowest finishin position was 8th in't Championship,when i mentioned this t'other year when he was gerrin slaughtered on here i got plenty of slaver from some.UTCB

blackwells football wilders football know which one i prefer 😉

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast