+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed target

300k for a championship quality midfielder is a bargain.

no negotian policy does this mean we make a player 1 offer it's a take it or leave it situation?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It could be that the twitter source I quoted is just on a wind up because they know we are after Towell.

More than likely. Towell himself said last seaosn that he would only come back to us if we won promotion so why would he drop down to league 1 again when he wants to play Championship football. Surely over going to league 1 he would rather stay put ar Brighton on the same money and try and force his way in there or wait for a move to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    300k for a championship quality midfielder is a bargain.

no negotian policy does this mean we make a player 1 offer it's a take it or leave it situation?
    I would guess it’s more like this

TS: hello dear chap it is Tony Stewart here
    Brighton: who?
    TS: Tony Stewart, the owner of Rotherham United the man who saved the millers from being in the sh1ter.
    Brighton: Oh sorry how can I help you Mr Stewart
    TS: I was just inquiring about Richie towell, theoretically how much would you want for him?
    Brighton: Oh well he loves your club but you understand we can’t just let him go for nothing, so how about 700k
    TS: well that seems to be a tad high old boy don’t you think? I will have to get back to you (hangs up)
    Brighton: well how much do you think is a reasonable offer Mr Stewart? Hello? Mr stewart

It could be that the twitter source I quoted is just on a wind up because they know we are after Towell.
    Possibly, I'm surprised that the rumour of the new owners selling Oakwell hasn't had more circulation.

Surely that's bigger news?

I saw the same account. Only 3 following apparently

If Towell decided to sign for Barnsley I would thank him for what he did for the club last season.
    Let us not forget that whilst on his way to sign for Bury he signed for us.

He's always been honest and said that he wants to do the best he can for himself and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If Towell decided to sign for Barnsley I would thank him for what he did for the club last season.
    Let us not forget that whilst on his way to sign for Bury he signed for us.

He's always been honest and said that he wants to do the best he can for himself and his family.
    I wouldn’t hold it against towell if he decided to go to Barnsley no matter how gut wrenching it maybe. However I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be upset with the club

Thi floats gone under.!!!

Ryan Yates no goer now and Towell as well according to this.

Transfer News Central ⚽️

@FootyNewsOffice
    26m26 minutes ago
    More
    Former Rotherham United loanee and Brighton midfielder Richie Towell is set to sign for Barnsley on a 3 year deal. A fee of around 300k has been accepted and personal terms with both parties have been agreed, just waiting on a medical #COYR #RUFC #BHA

They were always gonna nick one weren't they?

Sounds like Warne might need to look at his B list for midfielders. Wonder if UNcle Neil has anybody?
    To be fair if you take a look at the number of followers of that website there's 3, just 3, so i'd take that with a pinch of salt, someone's taking the mick...

It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Clearly Barnsley have more cash to play with than we do despite now being a division lower. Having said that, most transfer fees these days, especially outside the top flight, are undisclosed. Highly unusual for clubs to say they're buying a player for £X amount before a deal is done. That just invites other clubs to step in and bid higher, as Rotherham have learned the hard way over the years.
    If it's true then we should simply offer £350k and offer the lad an extra 500 quid a week more than whatever Barnsley are offering. And keep it quiet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast