+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed target

Missed target

Ryan Yates no goer now and Towell as well according to this.

Transfer News Central ⚽️

@FootyNewsOffice
    26m26 minutes ago
    More
    Former Rotherham United loanee and Brighton midfielder Richie Towell is set to sign for Barnsley on a 3 year deal. A fee of around 300k has been accepted and personal terms with both parties have been agreed, just waiting on a medical #COYR #RUFC #BHA

They were always gonna nick one weren't they?

Sounds like Warne might need to look at his B list for midfielders. Wonder if UNcle Neil has anybody?

So does that mean we can't afford £300k and whatever Towell's wages are but Barnsley can? Disappointing if true because according to the Tykes who post on here, Barnsley have a pretty strict wages regime with no big earners.

Think its always been about wages mellow. Thats why big keefer went there we cant compete on them.

I don’t think Barnsley have a bigger wage budget than us.

I think it’s that we have a no negotiation policy that ends up turning everyone we want away

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think its always been about wages mellow. Thats why big keefer went there we cant compete on them.
    It probably is Roly but Barnsley were in the Championship when Kieffer went there but they're in League 1 now.
    We ought to be able to compete with them on wages in those circumstances and don't forget Towell said he didn't want to play another season in League 1.

We're a joke if lose out on Towell to a league 1 club, enough said.

How credible is the website reporting this though???
    If true I,d love to know how Barnsley can or would be willing to pay 7,10,14K a week wages or have persuaded Towell to vastly reduce his salary.
    As we know it ain't the transfer fee that's the problem it's his wages. That's why we missed out on Nouha Dicko

One credible quote from the Norwich website is that their Manager isn't letting Ben Godfrey out on loan again because he rates him too highly and had been doing really well pre season......their Manager can Farke off!!

You have to think as well about the lads we already have. I'm sure i read an interview with Warney saying he wouldn't break the wage budget for one player and risk upsetting the rest of the players who would be on considerably less wages.

Barnsley probably already have a handful of players on more than most of the lads here even after their relegation so there is less chance of upsetting folk.

I agree though that it would be disappointing to lose out to somebody in the league below us. Especially as we already know that he would be happy to come here too.

It could be that the twitter source I quoted is just on a wind up because they know we are after Towell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast