+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lack of pace

Lack of pace

We had none last season only really Brooks, hope these two new players we sign have some.. need game changers

we do need some pace especially up front that was evident against inter and chris knows it still wouldnt be suprised if 3 more came in and 2 of those have to have some pace woodburn could be one the other we have discussed on another thread

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    we do need some pace especially up front that was evident against inter and chris knows it still wouldnt be suprised if 3 more came in and 2 of those have to have some pace woodburn could be one the other we have discussed on another thread
    Does CW know this? He's only ever signed one player with pace in his time here with us and he's hardly played him

he must do gaunche if were not gonna play with wingers got to have some up front and in midfield at present weve none up front and only fleck in midfield with any need woodburn and a pacy striker in before season starts imo

Not necessarily so when he first came I posed the question to him about the need for pace in the side he countered with he would rather have players with speed of thought !

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Not necessarily so when he first came I posed the question to him about the need for pace in the side he countered with he would rather have players with speed of thought !
    Cant we get both ?

For the first half of the season a lack of pace up front was not an issue as our wingbacks and midfield passed the ball forward quickly. Our lack of quality cover killed this when Coutts got injured and Enda’s form dropped. I think we need a quicker Enda upgrade or at least a loan to push him so we have that pace from both wing backs again. I do want at least one more striker but I would prefer a striker and wingback to 2 more strikers.

Pace and ability at LWB would make such a difference and is easily attainable but Wilder doesn't seem interested. Mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Pace and ability at LWB would make such a difference and is easily attainable but Wilder doesn't seem interested. Mistake.
    I agree I hope CW does not fall into the classic mistake of over compensating for last seasons big issue. We lacked strength in depth up front but it would be a mistake to sign too many strikers at the expense of strengthening the LWB, think Carloss, all those piggy strikers warming the bench.

well i think we do need 2 more strikers 4 aint enough imo to cover for injuries and suspensions lwb isnt a priority imo weve got lafferty and freeman could play there weve 3 strikers at the minute unless you count lavery and he will be loaned out we need 4 strikers in every match day squad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast