+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT- Best autobiographies

Jason Donavan - ‘between the lines’ compelling read....

Billy. By Pamela Stevenson.
    Superb read and funny as well.

Two books by Garry Nelson - Left foot forward (his time as a player) and Left foot in the grave (his time as a coach).

The first book deals briefly with his short time as a Notts loanee - 2 sub appearances if I recall correctly - and also with his omission from the Brighton team which played Notts in the Wembley playoff final in 1991.

Mohammed Ali and Robin Knox Johnston.

Nothing to do with sport but I found John Simpson's autobiographies fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Nothing to do with sport but I found John Simpson's autobiographies fascinating.
    I've read quite a few racing ones with 'Obsessed' by Richard Dunwoody the best. A real honest and gritty insight into the sacrifices that have to be made to reach the top as a jump jockey. Another favourite is Paula Radcliffe's autobiography. She was probably more popular as a gallant loser than as a ruthless winner, but it details the lengths she went to to become arguably Britain's greatest ever female athlete. Instead of turning to drugs, she went through an obsessive and incredibly gruelling training plan. It was high risk and when it worked she conquered the world, when it didn't she was called a quitter. The book explains the real story.

Steak Diana Ross by Dave McVay has to be up there with the best Notts ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Steak Diana Ross by Dave McVay has to be up there with the best Notts ones.
    Yes must admit that was a good read.

I've got a few lined up which I just picked up in the charity shop but haven't read yet

Botham, Roy Keane x2 David Shepherd, Dickie Bird, Martin Johnsone and a few I am looking forward to are Dave Allen, Ricky Tomlinson, Jimmy Nail and Stephen Fry.

I’m quite looking forward to elite pies autobiography !
    There promises to be details of at least three arguments per page.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast