+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT- Best autobiographies

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ...only 3? obviously a "fake news" autobiography

Tony Benn's autobiography for me....excellent....a Labour stalwart that absolutely despised and hated the EU.

Just about to start Churchill's, The Gathering Storm....the inside cover is a great antidote to the Remoaners....

In War....Resolution
    In defeat....Defiance
    In Victory....Magnanimity
    In Peace....Goodwill
    Europe and the EU are completely different entities to the ones that existed in those times.The same can be said for Tony Benn, my hero. I think that faced with today's world of rank capitalism, climate change and Trump, both of these great Englishmen might have come up with a different take on Brexit. I have.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Europe and the EU are completely different entities to the ones that existed in those times.The same can be said for Tony Benn, my hero. I think that faced with today's world of rank capitalism, climate change and Trump, both of these great Englishmen might have come up with a different take on Brexit. I have.
    This is the worry though isn't Sid. Imagine if we had someone in charge of Brexit with the resolve of either of these two great British politicians it would quite possibly be a done deal by now. In fact I doubt it would ever have happened in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This is the worry though isn't Sid. Imagine if we had someone in charge of Brexit with the resolve of either of these two great British politicians it would quite possibly be a done deal by now. In fact I doubt it would ever have happened in the first place!
    Biographies!

As usual, a certain person manages to politicise a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Biographies!

As usual, a certain person manages to politicise a thread.
    Tarquinbeech?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Tarquinbeech?
    At least he mentioned a book, two that followed just spouted the usual stuff.

At least he mentioned a book, two that followed just spouted the usual stuff.
    Sid replied about books earlier in the thread and didn't mention politics. Tarquin politicised the thread.

Sid replied about books earlier in the thread and didn't mention politics. Tarquin politicised the thread.
    You're arguing for the sake of it, posts 31 and 32 have nothing to do with books.

You're arguing for the sake of it, posts 31 and 32 have nothing to do with books.
    All the posts until Tarquin's were wholly and exclusively about books. Tarquin's mentioned the EU and remoaners, thus politicising the thread. How hard can that be to understand?

All the posts until Tarquin's were wholly and exclusively about books.
    Or non-books in the case of post #20 from HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY. That was a clear attempt to start an argument.

Fortunately, I'm not the argumentative type.

Maybe every new thread posted should have 'NP:' in the title for No Politics as well as 'OT:' for Off Topic if the OP doesn't want their thread hijacking?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast