+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New season coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    We also played large part of the season without Jones and Ray. Wintle also missing for a significant number of games. When these players returned, the results improved.
    Nolan was moved from full back to CH and became player of the season.
    Not sure Dagnall will be missed.
    Time will tell.
    Dagnall will be missed so much that when I read the post commenting on us having released a forward I was struggling to think who it was. The RB that we loaned would always have gone bacl to his club at the end of the season so we haven't "released" him. And whilst he wasn't bad, he was not as good as what we have which is why he wasn't an automatic pick.
    In reality, I don't expect any flirting with the bottom 6 and I do expect a top half finish, probably around 10th. Last dozen or so games our form saw us 2nd in the form table, so I think we will be ok. Clearly we could benefit from not having the injuries to the key players like last season, but that is always an unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Dagnall will be missed so much that when I read the post commenting on us having released a forward I was struggling to think who it was.
    Me too!

And me! Is it just me or has the summer break gone quickly? I suppose the World Cup is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Has anyone heard the latest regarding Shaun Miller's injury, please? I believe that he was supposed to go for a scan sometime last week. He could be a key to our possible success this season.
    Injury not as bad as first thought. See OS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12