+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our midfield if we end up short.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Cardiff City have received enquiries for Lee Tomlin, Anthony Pilkington and Omar Bogle, but Neil Warnock has revealed the players may not leave until the last day of the window.

"We've had one or two enquiries, that will all come up I would imagine and liven up in the next three weeks," he told Wales Online.

"Especially when I announce my squad on the 9th (of August), the Football League have got another two or three weeks so I think a lot of them will be waiting until deadline as always."
    Has he got any surplus central mdifielders though?

?? Tomlin

i think we already have a good sitting midfielder. well a player who could play the role .. imo Anthony Forde could be the one..
    hes good in the tackle. not rapid though fast enough to get back. has a good engine. he can carry the ball when needed and pick a pass...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    i think we already have a good sitting midfielder. well a player who could play the role .. imo Anthony Forde could be the one..
    hes good in the tackle. not rapid though fast enough to get back. has a good engine. he can carry the ball when needed and pick a pass...
    ...to their players...

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Hope we don't have to take on an out of contract, unfit journeyman because the door closes on our current options.
    Remember odemwingie

Adjayi has played the old Greg Hanford role of sitting in front of the defence which Kevin Blackwell set up for us. We were solid then.

I think Semi has only done this by coming on as a late sub though and not for 95 mins
    Point taken flourbasher.

Quietly confident that Richie Towell will be back before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Quietly confident that Richie Towell will be back before the season starts.
    I’m also quietly confident as well mellow although he did get injured the other day and went off before half-time.
    Still time to sign him before end of August.
    Will be disappointed if we don’t.

We are clearly looking elsewhere too :

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/rang...o-complete-it/

If it is true but a lot of stuff that comes out of the Irish and Scottish newspapers about us tends to end up as bollax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmQMm-FxOrw

Looks pretty decent though if it is true. A young sort of Gerard. Could give us an attacking midfielder we need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast