+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our midfield if we end up short.

Hamshaw was on a coaching course with Gerrard as well so that might help sway things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    We are clearly looking elsewhere too :

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/rang...o-complete-it/
    Us or Rangers......ermm......so where can we look that no other league club is looking?

He,s already with Rangers.
    If true it's a deal between us and them

The biggest problem with the article is that it says we are a solid cship side. I wouldn't call us that but I suppose we,ve been in the cship for 4 of last 5 seasons including this one
    Last edited by flourbasher; 28-07-2018 at 09:45 PM.

A good signing IF we could get him. A lot of rangers fans don't think they should let him go. Sounds like a box to box player which is what we need. Dunno whether he is a warney good lad type he recently had a scrap with a Celtic player in the tunnel allegedly. Warney said they were still trying hard to get a midfielder which suggests nowts cut and dried anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He,s already with Rangers.
    If true it's a deal between us and them

The biggest problem with the article is that it says we are a solid cship side. I wouldn't call us that but I suppose we,ve been in the cship for 4 of last 5 seasons including this one
    Crikey, FB when you put it in those terms, I suppose we are a genuine championship club. 4 out of the last 5 seasons in tier 2 (the fifth highest league in Europe according to perceived wisdom). We put ourselves down too often. We've spent 30% of our entire history in tier 2 of english football. Good stuff 👍

@theFLzone now reporting Docherty is set to join Shrewsbury on loan so who knows. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Agree we need more in Midfield.

Vaulks can't pass, can tackle, can head, can shoot. He worries me. Against Cardiff nothing has changed. Worldy attempts at passing and I think only one came off. You can get away with that in League 1 but in the Championship if you give the ball away you might not get it back for 5 minutes. I believe Vaulks should have a surgical implant in his ear that just has the words 'SIMPLE BALL' on a loop.

Palmer great on the ball and doesn't tend to lose it, however not the strongest and doesn't throw himself into tackles like Vaulks.

I think we need 2 more in central mid and maybe one more striker and I will be happy.

Kayden Jackson about to sign for Ipswich according to sky.
    First home league game

Well that was us knacked as soon as they were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    Agree we need more in Midfield.

Vaulks can't pass, can tackle, can head, can shoot. He worries me. Against Cardiff nothing has changed. Worldy attempts at passing and I think only one came off. You can get away with that in League 1 but in the Championship if you give the ball away you might not get it back for 5 minutes. I believe Vaulks should have a surgical implant in his ear that just has the words 'SIMPLE BALL' on a loop.

Palmer great on the ball and doesn't tend to lose it, however not the strongest and doesn't throw himself into tackles like Vaulks.

I think we need 2 more in central mid and maybe one more striker and I will be happy.

Thats about right. Hope the midfielders come in this week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123