+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

The DERRY

what a shadow of its former self it has become,the person/people who implimented the blocking in/stifling of the atmosphere,walking half way around the ground to buy a tkt then q again to get in the derry,etc etc may as well send the bulldozers in

job done sadly

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    what a shadow of its former self it has become,the person/people who implimented the blocking in/stifling of the atmosphere,walking half way around the ground to buy a tkt then q again to get in the derry,etc etc may as well send the bulldozers in

job done sadly
    great post

Have we even approached the council 're the all ticket Derry? Doubt it. Do the board want it changed back, doubt it.

We probably had around 500 patg Derry boys every week, I think most have walked away, can't be arsed getting a ticket, nae fun anywhere else in the ground.

I banged on a boot it non ****ing boring stop when they were targeting anyone under 25, hastling people at the back entrances, then claiming people cud have died during the derby, there was a sprained ankle and an aulder gentleman got knocked over...not good...not ****ing Hillsborough. I said people would stop going, they have.

If we had a proper board and stadium manager we cud have made that section of the Derry basically for those that wanted to jump a boot a go a bit daft ( hard to believe now that happened at Dens) and back the team, instead they gave the Derry the snip shooting blanks with the odd hello hello.

Its absolutely comical that our fans, our ground has been targeted and our board bent over and took it up the arse when you see what goes on at parkhead, ibrox, Mwell, st m, tynecastle.

If the council wanted to slash the shankly capacity because of the behaviour of celtic/rangers fans our board wud fight it tooth and nail and then just switch ends if they lost.

The most respected and Nelms are to blame for this and when we move to tannadice folk will scratch there heads and wonder how the **** it got to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    hastling people at the back entrances
    would certainly put me off going there I can tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    would certainly put me off going there I can tell ya.
    Seems to be in at dens with those funny flags and laces

The double queing for me,was just one more in a long list of irritations and spoilers to the match day experience. Used to come down for 6-8 games a season, no been down since Celtic last boxing day when the shop couldn't sell myself and junior tickets as i was from out of town! Mates that work there got us in, but just highlighted the hoops (excuse the pun) home fans have to jump through!

Quote Originally Posted by HeilanDee View Post
    The double queing for me,was just one more in a long list of irritations and spoilers to the match day experience. Used to come down for 6-8 games a season, no been down since Celtic last boxing day when the shop couldn't sell myself and junior tickets as i was from out of town! Mates that work there got us in, but just highlighted the hoops (excuse the pun) home fans have to jump through!
    Really wish you hadn't posted that.

It's ****ing incredulous, really is, em in a bad enough mood with the idiotic decisions at this club withoot you coming along with the trump card which happens to be the joker.

Pity we have 50,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list of 20,000 or they wouldn't dare treat our own fans like this....oh hud on.

I've not been for a while, meant to be there yesterday but cudnae manage.

It's becoming easier and easier for this arrangement to become permanent.

Do I think anybody in dens cares....no.

It's stadium or walk away for the Americans and if we get relegated they will leave us in exactly the same position as they found us, division 1 and overspending in a tip of a ground.

Pay at the gate is a thing of the past and is now in the minority at top flight grounds.

What you gonna do if we get our new stadium with electronic bar code turnstiles?

I was under the impression the Derry wouldn’t even be open if the changes hadn’t been made.

Anyone who can’t be bothered walking around to shop really isn’t much of a fan and should probably just bide in the hoose.

dissagree mate,the 1st i saw it was at ross county,hated it then and still hate it now,its absolute b******s.
    its stopped me going into the derry outwith a few games this season
    it also stopped me going in the coxy
    im now in the main stand most times i get up,however if they made me q for that then being honest i doubt id bather

ps iv been at sunderland in 30 odd thousand and still managed to patg,the q'ing twice malarky is a load of unnecessary s*ite outwith a potential sell out game

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    Pay at the gate is a thing of the past and is now in the minority at top flight grounds.

What you gonna do if we get our new stadium with electronic bar code turnstiles?

I was under the impression the Derry wouldn’t even be open if the changes hadn’t been made.

Anyone who can’t be bothered walking around to shop really isn’t much of a fan and should probably just bide in the hoose.
    More and more people are finding other things to do rather than walk round the ground. Do I think it's the main reason people sent going...no...but the quote from e the above poster " long list of irritations and spoilers" sums it up for me

I'm a season ticket holder so walking round the ground didn't effect me.

It won't be our stadium it will be the American unicorn stadium. We will only play there opening game v the goblins fairies and elfs select, not ideal but better than tannadice.

I wud expect electronic gates on a new stadium, be able to control the mass exodus that happens every other Saturday.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)