+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derry steps hoses update

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Derry hoses haven't slithered away yet....still there....Halloween closing in.

Think it was July when Islay was assured by the most respected they were " being moved next week"

What a ****ing tip.
    On Saturday 1st September 2018 when we were at home to Motherwell I sent Steve Martin an email asking him to get in touch with the stadium manager Jim Thomson about the removal of the hoses at the top of the Stairway to Heaven as the were still there despite me being assured by Jim Thomson that they would be removed before the start of the current league season. I had Steve Martin’s email address from a previous matter.
    Several hours later I received a cheeky reply from Steve Martin advising me that Jim Thomson had more important things to deal with than the removal of the hoses from the Stairway to Heaven but he had forwarded my email to Jim Thomson.
    Later that evening I received a courteous reply from Jim Thomson advising me that the hoses were frequently used and that they were short of space to store them. He mentioned something about storing them in the south west corner of ground. In my opinion all they have to do is to lay the hoses next to the boundary wall on Dens Road which would be out of sight to the public.

I noticed they are removing gates at that side of the derry and putting in a wall so maybe store them behind said wall,
    Do you think SM was pulling down, or pulling up his breeks while he was replying to your text

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    On Saturday 1st September 2018 when we were at home to Motherwell I sent Steve Martin an email asking him to get in touch with the stadium manager Jim Thomson about the removal of the hoses at the top of the Stairway to Heaven as the were still there despite me being assured by Jim Thomson that they would be removed before the start of the current league season. I had Steve Martin’s email address from a previous matter.
    Several hours later I received a cheeky reply from Steve Martin advising me that Jim Thomson had more important things to deal with than the removal of the hoses from the Stairway to Heaven but he had forwarded my email to Jim Thomson.
    Later that evening I received a courteous reply from Jim Thomson advising me that the hoses were frequently used and that they were short of space to store them. He mentioned something about storing them in the south west corner of ground. In my opinion all they have to do is to lay the hoses next to the boundary wall on Dens Road which would be out of sight to the public.
    Cheers Islay.

So what you were told in July was bull.

I wonder what these more important things are.

He's no had an interview in the sun for a while, so cannae be that, no had any meetings with the council to get the Derry atmosphere back, so cannae be that, no been any tsunami type surges in the Derry of late, so cannae be that.

I wonder

Just to add previous incumbents of the posh seats wudnae have had any truck with hoses lying a boot.....far too easy to put oot mystery 🤣 stand fires with hoses lying a boot.

Does anybody really care about some hoses?

I have a hose reel permanently attached to my wall at the back of my house, is this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I have a hose reel permanently attached to my wall at the back of my house, is this wrong?
    Correct storage.

The place is a ****hole, plenty of folk rent their house and still have pride in it.

It's no just the hoses, it's the bull**** Islay was told, the cheeky e mail from an enquiry to be told the stadium manager is far too busy to deal with stadium issues and I like moaning....so yes I care.

Wanna talk about golf?

Our home is the worst in the spl by a ****ing country mile and em seek of hearing the excuses.

It's that bad em surprised the neighbours havenae complained.

Maybe that's why Nelms was at tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

It looks an eyesore when travelling down Dens Road. The jungle at the rear of the South Enclosure has been cleared and the steps on the Stairway to Heaven cleaned up but the powers that be will not move the hoses out of sight.
    Is the hose reel attached to the wall at the back of your house available to be seen by all and sundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Correct storage.

The place is a ****hole, plenty of folk rent their house and still have pride in it.

It's no just the hoses, it's the bull**** Islay was told, the cheeky e mail from an enquiry to be told the stadium manager is far too busy to deal with stadium issues and I like moaning....so yes I care.

Wanna talk about golf?

Our home is the worst in the spl by a ****ing country mile and em seek of hearing the excuses.
    I must admit that I was very disappointed in Steve Martin’s reply to my email especially as I had previously been given duff information.
    I would have been far happier if Jim Thomson had originally said that the club had no intention of moving the hoses even if I thought that they were an eyesore.

Team's ****e, manager's clueless, we're staring a humping off the Hibees in the face and people are whining about hoses. Brilliant.

I live a simple life thankfully, couldn't handle the stress of incorrect hose storage - although there have been moments when I've had to tuck it back into my trousers quickly.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)