+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Dougall signs

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    My take on putting the pieces together is a year ago his contract was coming to an end so he came onto our radar, for an unknown reason he signed an extra years contract(that bit is fact) and stayed put, but knowing he would be in same position this year we stayed in touch (worked hard). They then said to Dan, what do you think to this guy we came across last year, he agreed and here we are.
    As someone said Sparta getting relegated probably helped our cause.
    I've been looking at the Sparta Website (my son can speak Dutch) and their coach says "As well as being good (the move to Barnsley) for Kenny's football development it is a good deal for us as a club financially". Strange indeed if he was out of contract and came for an "undisclosed" free.

(Seems to ev pooasted this twice when I changed the mistakenly typed Daniel to Kenny)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    What's tha expect in league 1 SBRed? Ngolo Kante or Michael Carrick art o' retirement? Give club a break man.
    As Animal has correctly said. av nowt ageeanst Dougall but my Goat Pillakin Antenna started twitching and I thought I would add a little balance. I accept I may well be completely wrong about Goat and no pillakin/spin takes place at all.

I think he had 6 months left SB

Im certainly not sticking up for Goatee beard here, but whats he meant to say ?.
    If he says "ok we know this Dougall bloke is garbage, but we felt we had to sign somebody quickly because theres only a week till the season starts" etc.
    I don't believe for one minute that he was our number 1 target and the fact that we've been tracking him for about 12 months now (or whatever it is hes said). Hes got to put some positive spin on it hasn't he, its what hes paid to do.

From what I can see Acido nobody, including myself, has sed Dougall is garbage.

Barnsley fooak can spot a pillaker a mile off. All I want is a straight tale. We've heard it all befooar from Goat--"Morais was our first and only choice". The "number one target" stuff isn't necessary. All that is needed is a statement saying we have signed him wiart all the accompanying bullsh1t.

What a state we've come to when we believe that the job of a CEO is to "put positive spin"
    How about a novelty approach & tell the effin truth because this bullsh1t fools no-one [with perhaps one exception]

Mansford used to try it but was quickly sussed

SB is quite right

Although Mansford to be fair did try & engage
    Never was it truer that you don't know what you've got till it's gone [Good old Joni Mitchell]

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    From what I can see Acido nobody, including myself, has sed Dougall is garbage.
    Barnsley fooak can spot a pillaker a mile off. All I want is a straight tale. We've heard it all befooar from Goat--"Morais was our first and only choice". The "number one target" stuff isn't necessary. All that is needed is a statement saying we have signed him wiart all the accompanying bullsh1t.
    Err I never suggested they had Sb. Im asking what a Ceo or a manager are supposed to say about a new player ?.
    Like I say I don't believe all the positive 'spin' hes putting on it either about number 1 target and how long we've been chasing him etc, but hes got to say that sort of stuff hasn't he whether it comes across as fake or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err I never suggested they had Sb. Im asking what a Ceo or a manager are supposed to say about a new player ?.
    Like I say I don't believe all the positive 'spin' hes putting on it either about number 1 target and how long we've been chasing him etc, but hes got to say that sort of stuff hasn't he whether it comes across as fake or not.
    We'd like to announce the signing today of Kenny Dougall who joins us from Sparta Rotterdam .

He's a defensive midfield player who can also play at the back and it's a postion we've been looking to strength since the end of last season .

I'm sure our supporters will welcome Kenny and we look forward to a successful season ahead .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast