+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea’s Izzy Brown

Top signing i reckon. Can't believe its so quiet about him on here.
    Didn't he tear another one in us a couple of seasons ago and won promotion.
    Seeing that Bielsa says there is no plan B, at least it's another option to do plan A better.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Seeing that Bielsa says there is no plan B, at least it's another option to do plan A better.
    That was two years ago, since which time he has had surgery on what is universally considered to be one of the most serious injuries, one that can end a players career.

If he proves to be capable of getting past that and succeeding at Leeds, that would be great, I just despair at the number of crocked players we have bought who never recovered their original form, and why we have done it yet again, thought those "Orta-like" imports were behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    That was two years ago, since which time he has had surgery on what is universally considered to be one of the most serious injuries, one that can end a players career.

If he proves to be capable of getting past that and succeeding at Leeds, that would be great, I just despair at the number of crocked players we have bought who never recovered their original form, and why we have done it yet again, thought those "Orta-like" imports were behind us.
    Fair enough. Still a lot better than the 'journey men looking for a final payday' that we used to get.

Fair enough. Still a lot better than the 'journey men looking for a final payday' that we used to get.
    Agreed, i just wonder why we have to choose between one or t'other, rather than an up and coming fully fit youngster or a proven deliverer.

Have faith mate, this ones a good un. He will be in contention within a couple of weeks, knows quite a few in the squad already and will settle in quickly. He fits straight into Bielsa’s style of play so educating him into the “system” will take no time st all.

Not clued up on the technicals of loans but does it mean we can buy in January?

No option to buy. Still 3years left on his contract with Chelski.

No option to buy. Still 3years left on his contract with Chelski.
    Thanks for that 👍

Agreed, i just wonder why we have to choose between one or t'other, rather than an up and coming fully fit youngster or a proven deliverer.
    Probably down to LSD, (and not the drug)
    Notice that Ekuban and Anita both on their way too, so the change in personnel is definitely a step up, albeit with a risk.

Agree - potentially a great signing

Just O'kane to go today and that will be 16 out - seem to remember someone saying we'd never offload the dross - pretty good job of that so far IMO?

Brown coming in shows a marked step up in the quality of loan signings this season along with the other couple [Not convinced about Harrison just yet]

Good test for us tonight... and even sterner one a week on Saturday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)