+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Burnley v Aberdeen roll call etc

Fantastic display both in the first leg and again last night.
    Being honest i thought we'd lose two or three nil at Burnley and i'm delighted to have been proved wrong.
    Bar the opening 10 minutes of each half i felt we were the better side and could have won it.
    However brilliance in defeat is still defeat and i can't help but feel this was an opportunity missed.
    A quality striker (which we had in Rooney) would very likely have seen us win through in normal time.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It saddens me that fans of our club think getting beat by Burnley 3-1 in extra time is a very decent result. I admit I didn't expect us to win but Burnley were definitely there for the taking but we fell short. We definitely need more going forward or it's going to be a brutal season ahead.
    Burnley will finish in the bottom half of their league next season as they are not so hot themselves.
    We fell short by a bawhair against a top half premiership side. We coulda won it near the end there! Then in extra time, Mays foot is an inch further forward and he converts that cross.

I'm optimistic for the season. There's still plenty time to strengthen where we need to strengthen.
    Last edited by andoplzcumbak; 03-08-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Fantastic display both in the first leg and again last night.
    Being honest i thought we'd lose two or three nil at Burnley and i'm delighted to have been proved wrong.
    Bar the opening 10 minutes of each half i felt we were the better side and could have won it.
    However brilliance in defeat is still defeat and i can't help but feel this was an opportunity missed.
    A quality striker (which we had in Rooney) would very likely have seen us win through in normal time.
    I'm not sure I would go as far as say we were the better team for the last 35 minutes of both halves but we were certainly holding our own at the very least. I was very proud of my team and our fans last night but need to temper the satisfaction of drawing both games over 90 minutes with the "7th best team in EPL". I suspect that Burnley did a bit of a Leicester last season and normal service will resume this year where they will finish somewhere in the bottom half. They were probably the best sort of English team we could have played i.e. one with not much skill (Gudmusson excepted) but rather relied on their physicality - we would have struggled more against a more skillful team.

Couldn't agree more with your missed opportunity point though. Other than Sociedad that's now four times (Kairat/Maribor/Apollon/Burnley) we have lost in Europe now where on each occasion we have held the upper hand for periods of the tie and had a genuine chance of progressing. We really need to figure out a way to win these 50/50 or 40/60 matches and can't help thinking that an inability to keep a home clean sheet is a big part of it, particularly when we are not scoring much at home either. For sure a quality striker is a requirement but that is a whole different story in itself.

I understand those that are critical because at the end of the day we are out of the cup but last night was good in many ways so let's not be overly negative

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Evenly matched teams......I’ll do the jokes ffs......similar sized stadiums.....I’ll give you that however insignificant it is.....we are obviously out, however to take an EPL team to E/T over 2 legs regardless if they finished 7th or 17th is an achievement considering how little our chairman is prepared to spend.

SF
    Oh, you didn't think that the two games were evenly matched on the pitch then? Please elaborate...

So you're the self-appointed comedian of AbMad then...Your posts certainly are unique in the fact that they make about as much sense as Stanley Unwin in full flow...
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 03-08-2018 at 10:24 AM.

What annoys me is. We didnt concede a good goal and we managed to concede 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    What annoys me is. We didnt concede a good goal and we managed to concede 4
    The penalty was soft. Not convinced McKenna could have gotten out of the way of that ball.

Vokes at Pittodrie was a fantastic finish from a break of the ball. Both of last night's goals were poor goals to lose from open play.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Oh, you didn't think that the two games were evenly matched on the pitch then? Please elaborate...

So you're the self-appointed comedian of AbMad then...Your posts certainly are unique in the fact that they make about as much sense as Stanley Unwin in full flow...
    I thought we gave a good account of ourselves in both legs.
    To hold an EPL to 1-1 in both games over 90 minutes was pretty good.

Sure we allowed them most possession, but I thought we had the best chances over both games.
    It was pretty even yesterday (in the 90 minutes) we just didn’t have the legs for extra time yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    The penalty was soft. Not convinced McKenna could have gotten out of the way of that ball.

Vokes at Pittodrie was a fantastic finish from a break of the ball. Both of last night's goals were poor goals to lose from open play.
    Vokes at Pittodrie was fortunate with the poor defending and shoulder assist bit a good finish all the same

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Evenly matched “games” or evenly matched “teams”......please sir, could you perhaps make your mind up or indeed, elaborate?......the concept of finance maybe does not filter down to your mindset, we shop in Navids and Burnley shop in Harrods........them’s the facts and surely most dandy’s do not need elaboration to quantify that......regarding “self appointed comedian”......nah, I like a laugh, joke and banter......all fair game.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I thought we gave a good account of ourselves in both legs.
    To hold an EPL to 1-1 in both games over 90 minutes was pretty good.

Sure we allowed them most possession, but I thought we had the best chances over both games.
    It was pretty even yesterday (in the 90 minutes) we just didn’t have the legs for extra time yesterday.

Best chances? Without Lewis we would never have reached extra time.

We put in lots of effort but were not quite good enough to win. If we were we would have.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829