+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Aberdeen roll call etc

wondering how we’ll line up on Sunday given those who played 120 mins will be goosed.

Lewis
    Hoban devlin McKenna considine
    Ball
    Forrester shinnie Gleason Wright
    May

GMS will play he's a fit lad and will start.

I thought McGinn was blowing out of his backside by the time he came off but hopefully he'll start too.

This is a huge game after the disappointment of last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    wondering how we’ll line up on Sunday given those who played 120 mins will be goosed.

Lewis
    Hoban devlin McKenna considine
    Ball
    Forrester shinnie Gleason Wright
    May
    Is that not a question for another thread? I hope May doesn't play though, I really think we should cut our losses with him...

I must also add that all the Burnley fans I met were first rate...they should enjoy their victory last night though because I don't see them going much further

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Did Gleeson not come on at Pittodrie? Did Forrester not come on last night?

Keep popping the pills sunshine.

Richard Gordon believes a striker is imminent, possibly even today. Possibly even a decent fee (for us) getting shelled out.
    Wow, the spin is strong. They did indeed appear from the bench. Each to their own, but Forrester was his main target and yet is not a starter! As for Gleeson he was signed without even meeting DM, a phone call was the limit of selling the club and getting a feel for the personality of the player. Should we sign a significant striker today it's too late. I believes need 2 strikers. The only goalscorer seems to be the youngster Anderson and he'll not be figuring anytime soon if past history is repeated. No medication needed, it's very obvious we're going to be low scoring side this year. A similar scenario unfolded at DM St J team. Pray Lewis doesn't move as we'll then have major problems.

Wasn't Forrester a significant fee, for us! May even more so. Both getting splinters in their backside. I'd be wary handing the DNA kitty over to mcinnes.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Wow, the spin is strong. They did indeed appear from the bench. Each to their own, but Forrester was his main target and yet is not a starter! As for Gleeson he was signed without even meeting DM, a phone call was the limit of selling the club and getting a feel for the personality of the player. Should we sign a significant striker today it's too late. I believes need 2 strikers. The only goalscorer seems to be the youngster Anderson and he'll not be figuring anytime soon if past history is repeated. No medication needed, it's very obvious we're going to be low scoring side this year. A similar scenario unfolded at DM St J team. Pray Lewis doesn't move as we'll then have major problems.
    Both picked up injuries in pre season, potentially both are not 100% fit.

Great performance over two legs and some people only want to moan and look at the negative side if things.

We were physically strong last night , but needlessly wasteful with possession on too many occasions.
    In the snippets I saw.
    As for the structure of the team, I'm far from an expert , but when got stream for few minutes in second
    half , at once i heard 'considine weak area' , 'targeting considine again' etc

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Did Gleeson not come on at Pittodrie? Did Forrester not come on last night?

Richard Gordon believes a striker is imminent, possibly even today. Possibly even a decent fee (for us) getting shelled out.
    Gleeson didnt come on the 4 were Wright Ball May & Forrester

Fingers crossed Richard Gordon is correct that would be a nice wee boost for the start of the season

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Forget about 7th place finishes in the EPL, forget about huge budgets, forget about the gulf between their budget and ours, forget about Aaron Lennon on Andy Considine because in the end it was two evenly matched teams that play in two similarly sized stadiums, and there is no doubt we had enough to knock them out but the bottom line is we weren't nasty enough to finish them off...

For me, it's another opportunity missed. I heard a lot last night about people being proud of the team, which is fine, but imo it's all about the bottom line and we're out...
    Evenly matched teams......I’ll do the jokes ffs......similar sized stadiums.....I’ll give you that however insignificant it is.....we are obviously out, however to take an EPL team to E/T over 2 legs regardless if they finished 7th or 17th is an achievement considering how little our chairman is prepared to spend.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Gleeson didnt come on the 4 were Wright Ball May & Forrester

Fingers crossed Richard Gordon is correct that would be a nice wee boost for the start of the season
    Read what I said again please.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast