+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is going on

I agree to a point and I’m a little worried that our attentions have turned to Moukoudu and Windass.
    The rate is the going rate for players and if we’re not shopping in the 15-20 million bracket - stop shopping there wasting time and find some championship players that potentially could hold there own at our level.
    I fail to see how pretending were interested in players helps our club and the fans tbh .
    If we’re not going to pay stop wasting time.

I shop at Lidl because I can't afford to go to Harrods. It really is time Burnley stopped farting around and look to buy from where we can afford to shop.

Mawson and Rodriguez are proven EPL players that we desperately need. We are an EPL team, why don't we just pay the going rate and join the fcuking party?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I shop at Lidl because I can't afford to go to Harrods. It really is time Burnley stopped farting around and look to buy from where we can afford to shop.

Mawson and Rodriguez are proven EPL players that we desperately need. We are an EPL team, why don't we just pay the going rate and join the fcuking party?
    The frustrating, and puzzling thing, is that we shelled out more than £50 million on transfer fees in 2017. With another PL season guaranteed, it's obvious that we can easily afford to buy both Mawson and Jay and still have plenty left over. If wages are a problem then we'll have to adjust our pay scales upwards to compete, it should be possible to accommodate them without wrecking the club's finances, which according to the last set of accounts are in a very healthy state indeed.

In the meantime the tumbleweed continues to blow down Harry Potts Way, and like the OP says you have to ask 'What the hell is going on ?'

Think is Sinkov like you say 50 mil then but the money coming in from sales counter-acted that,
    and the money to us has increased so I can’t understand what our end game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Drama queenerie to the nth degree. Thank goodness we have a manager who concerntrates on what we have rather than what we might have.
    About time you grew up. Every one has an opinion. Just because it does not meet with your views you make stupid remarks. I do hate stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    About time you grew up. Every one has an opinion. Just because it does not meet with your views you make stupid remarks. I do hate stupid people
    It takes one to recognise one ---so just keep on with the drama.
    Nowhere did I disagree with your view, I just expressed my opinion about your opinion and you took exception to the fact that my view was different to your view and so this makes me a stupid person.

I am happy for you to think that I am a stupid person if it makes you happy, however, it will not change my opinion which is why I expressed it and nor will it stop my expressing my opinion in the future.

Stay happy and cheerful and don't get too upset about the Board, they either will or they won't and there is beggar all that you or I can do about it.

Smile

What the hell is going on.

Just put it down to Climate Change and have done with it.

On a scale of stupidty from 1-10, where would you rate someone who said we had no keepers, when we still had two ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On a scale of stupidty from 1-10, where would you rate someone who said we had no keepers, when we still had two ?
    My comments about being stupid did not include you sinkov. I agree with you we still have 2 keepers so we should be alright. However what does concern me is we seem to be shopping in the charity shops and are even unable to break into B&Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It takes one to recognise one ---so just keep on with the drama.
    Nowhere did I disagree with your view, I just expressed my opinion about your opinion and you took exception to the fact that my view was different to your view and so this makes me a stupid person.

I am happy for you to think that I am a stupid person if it makes you happy, however, it will not change my opinion which is why I expressed it and nor will it stop my expressing my opinion in the future.

Stay happy and cheerful and don't get too upset about the Board, they either will or they won't and there is beggar all that you or I can do about it.
    You obviously didn't understand my point which for the uninitiated refers to name calling rather than dealing with a opinion. I accept there many alternative opinions none of which I argue with but lets be honest then we are both stupid, I have no problem with that. In any event this does not stop anyone expressing a view that our transfer position leave a lot to be desired at the moment. And although we have no say or influence it still does not stop us from expressing our concerns or views.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)