+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away strip?

Away strip?

Have I missed something as I haven't seen our away kit for the coming season? Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?,

I am hearing it will be yellow and green stripes.
    I went in the Merry Hill shop yesterday the pricing on the new Puma stuff is a joke. 60 notes for a tracksuit top.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I went in the Merry Hill shop yesterday the pricing on the new Puma stuff is a joke. 60 notes for a tracksuit top.
    Whicka, that isn't just Puma, last season I bought an Adidas trackie top and that was 60 notes, wouldn't normally have paid that but it was a voucher present from my wife for a special occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I know, it's a bleeding disgrace, the mark up must be huge as the product doesn't exactly look amazing. Knocked up for peanuts in some sweatshop do doubt. My nipper loves the training gear so we buy the odd bit but the rest goes on his birthday and Christmas wish list.

Regardless of how much I love the club, one thing I can't stand is being ripped off.

Who seriously gives a toss about strips? Overpriced bit's of material, and a yellow and green one won't have us playing like Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Who seriously gives a toss about strips? Overpriced bit's of material, and a yellow and green one won't have us playing like Brazil.
    “LIKE”

I know I’m in the minority but I just don’t get it when it comes to replica kit.

Middle aged and old people squeezed into a bit of cheap polyester that makes them look ridiculous whilst sweating like a Scouser in a job centre!

I get it with kids and ****agers but once you leave school I think it’s time to ditch it.

It’s the same with club branded clothing,I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

I support West Brom but I don’t need to advertise the fact to everyone around me.

£60 for a polyester shirt that costs around £6-£7 to produce FFS.

I feel the same about older blokes wearing football tops. But if they did not exist and everyone wore scarves like in the old days no one would find that ridiculous. Times change and you have to move with the times. However what I cannot get on with is when people wear the football top and its not match day, but they are out shopping with the missus or whatever strutting around. So naff.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Whicka, that isn't just Puma, last season I bought an Adidas trackie top and that was 60 notes, wouldn't normally have paid that but it was a voucher present from my wife for a special occasion.
    To be fair mate this Puma junk ain't in the same league as the Adidas stuff. Two of the tops I looked at the sponsor was already peeling off. I tried to help the one to see if there was any marks after I took it off as it's hideous. But then realised it was £50 . So I didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I feel the same about older blokes wearing football tops. But if they did not exist and everyone wore scarves like in the old days no one would find that ridiculous. Times change and you have to move with the times. However what I cannot get on with is when people wear the football top and its not match day, but they are out shopping with the missus or whatever strutting around. So naff.
    The ones that wear the football tops over jumpers are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    I know, it's a bleeding disgrace, the mark up must be huge as the product doesn't exactly look amazing. Knocked up for peanuts in some sweatshop do doubt. My nipper loves the training gear so we buy the odd bit but the rest goes on his birthday and Christmas wish list.

Regardless of how much I love the club, one thing I can't stand is being ripped off.
    I'm the precise opposite. My lad buys me the stuff. I had to take back the retro trackie top he bought me for Father's day(The blue one) as it didn't fit. They have no more and have been taken off the website. So I need to find something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)