+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Physio

We don't have to look too far for negative things to talk about but good lord this is a new one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    We don't have to look too far for negative things to talk about but good lord this is a new one.....
    My point but made much better.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    My point but made much better.
    Ah crap just noticed your post sorry.

I do remember a few posts years ago saying how disgraceful it was our club doctor had a stick and surely she couldnt be very good at her job because she was disabled.

FFS - my issue is we have coco the clown running our players and he isnt very good (so far lol)

Definately well down the list of things that are wrong at the club. But the OP is not alone in thinking that our medical staff appear to have difficulty dealing effectively with the knocks and strains that are part and parcel of life as a professional footballer.

Remember Sandaza's glass legs? We couldn't get him on the park, yet both St Johnstone and the now dead Rangers managed to get him playing week in week out.

Some mitigation can be found in the fact that we have been signing quite a few players with a history of frequent injury behind them. But, I have always wondered WTF goes on at United in the physio room?

Players get an injury, disappear in there. The next time we see them they are playing for another team. Pretty bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Definately well down the list of things that are wrong at the club. But the OP is not alone in thinking that our medical staff appear to have difficulty dealing effectively with the knocks and strains that are part and parcel of life as a professional footballer.

Remember Sandaza's glass legs? We couldn't get him on the park, yet both St Johnstone and the now dead Rangers managed to get him playing week in week out.

Some mitigation can be found in the fact that we have been signing quite a few players with a history of frequent injury behind them. But, I have always wondered WTF goes on at United in the physio room?

Players get an injury, disappear in there. The next time we see them they are playing for another team. Pretty bizarre.
    He didn't play week in, week out at either club. And just because a player is injured at one club and not at another doesn't mean it is the physio's fault. This another example of football fans using anecdotal evidence to form a general point. And it happens at every other club too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmaster0 View Post
    If we are now measuring off I'll throw on the table with a big ruler, that I know the head physio and medical director at at an international sports team and two professional club teams.
    Is there a point in there anywhere? I mentioned my acquaintance as he highlighted that even those at the top end of football don't always understand what a physio does. Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    Is there a point in there anywhere? I mentioned my acquaintance as he highlighted that even those at the top end of football don't always understand what a physio does. Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.
    I was highlighting without posting my CV that I know exactly how a physio operates at a sports team. You suggested I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    He didn't play week in, week out at either club. And just because a player is injured at one club and not at another doesn't mean it is the physio's fault. This another example of football fans using anecdotal evidence to form a general point. And it happens at every other club too.
    Not taking sides here ok.
    But, did Danny Swanson not also criticise the medical team after he left?
    Or did I imagine that?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Not taking sides here ok.
    But, did Danny Swanson not also criticise the medical team after he left?
    Or did I imagine that?
    Coll Donaldson criticised the fans. Folk will accept what they want to believe though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)