+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Physio

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmaster0 View Post
    The manager, the players and even the fans are accused of being the problem with United.
    Why does out physio team escape blame? For years the treatment of the players seems inadequate. From the months Scott Robertson was out to Curran never kicking a ball in anger. Yet no root and branch review discovered that the physio element of Unuted appears to be not fit for purpose.

We need a new physio team coupled with proper strength and conditioning. Until then we will keep the crutch excuse of "x y and z are out injured once they are back we will be bang at it".
    Fkn hell. Now that's a new one. 😂😂😂

TTT I'm confused why this is so bad? Requiring the language and ridicule?

Our diagnosis, rehab and general care is clear from the outside world looking in poor. Current manager alluded to it. Previous players mentioned it.

I never said it is the root of all the problems far from it. I am also not querying the medical team which help in situations like Muamba. Luckily that night a cardiologist was in the crowd.

Every part of the machine needs to be working well and I'm afraid this part is broken badly. I have worked in professional sport for years and closely with physio, medics and S&C coaches so think I have some good experience of how it should work but of course I am missing the internal knowledge. However we could say we are missing the internal knowledge with the commercial team, the ticket office, the manager and the board memebers and none have these have escaped criticism on here. Therefore all I was saying is why when current manager and former players have made negative remarks against does it remain untouched and we as fans don't complain. I find it odd.

Perhaps we should stick with them as they are cheap as chips or loyal to the club but I'm afaird when squads are as closely matched as they are in the league good rehab with quality S&C will almost certainly give an edge.

Hope that clears up what I was trying to say.

Is Andy Dickson still the physio?

I must admit I have noticed when it is announced that a player will be out for at least 3 weeks it is usually 3 months before he is back.

We recently appointed a fitness coach (a few missed the news as it went a wee bit under the radar at the time of the ST stuff) so would imagine he will be looking closely at the medical team performance re recovery times etc

A mate of mine who is not a taxi driver, had cause to speak with Jeff Clark shortly after MM became chairman and he felt at that time his says were numbered.! As far as I'm aware he is still t there though.

Through a friend I know the head physio at very well known EPL side. He was talking about a very famous English manager and his attitude was very similar to that of the opening post. The reality is that he, like many others, have absolutely no concept of the complexities of how the human body works and recovers. Player is injured and takes a long time to get better equals physio is ****. It is total nonsense.

physios aint responsible for diet, over training, poor discipline etc

And a physio can not control the amount of time a player is out for.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    Through a friend I know the head physio at very well known EPL side.
    If we are now measuring off I'll throw on the table with a big ruler, that I know the head physio and medical director at at an international sports team and two professional club teams.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)