+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Physio

MM saying investment in better diagnosis and rehabilitation of players for injuries. What a waste of money!!

Surely he realises the human body is complicated and it just takes longer for some players.

Hardly a priority either. If only I was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Meanwhile the pitch gets fkd. Perhaps they should play the odd bigger game there?
    Never used to be f*cked back in the day, and the reserves played on it every home game, with some matches seeing crowds upward of 1,000 attending. Players get used to playing in an environment and on a surface week in, week out. And now with some of the younger lads featuring in the reserve team, playing against older pros, the benefits of playing all our teams games at Tannadice far outweighs the risk of the pitch getting damaged, in my humble opinion.

Absolutely should be playing reserve games at Tannadice It’s a no brainier

The pitch was terrible later in the season back then!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The pitch was terrible later in the season back then!
    Aye, but the results were much much better

What would the support prefer, results or bonnie green grass?

and so what if the pitch became a mess, our lads would be used to it, the opponents would f*ckin hate it. Ken what I would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Never used to be f*cked back in the day, and the reserves played on it every home game, with some matches seeing crowds upward of 1,000 attending. Players get used to playing in an environment and on a surface week in, week out. And now with some of the younger lads featuring in the reserve team, playing against older pros, the benefits of playing all our teams games at Tannadice far outweighs the risk of the pitch getting damaged, in my humble opinion.
    This 100%.

I was in attendance the day Edison Javier Machin, graced Tannadice. One of the best performances I have seen by a centre-half. Only players that I have seen in tangerine to have been better than that were Dave Narey and Siggi Jonsson, that was how classy he was.

Connolly, Ferguson, Bollan, McKinlay, Johnson, McKinnon, O'Neil, Gray, McLaren, McLeod, Welsh. That was the quality of the reserves with the addition of first team players on the comeback trail.

I also remember a game against Rangers where Scott Nisbet was always passing the ball back to the keeper. This was before the passback rule. The crowd then shouted back to goalie all the time as he was so predictable, a bit like watching United play 4231, boring, pish and sho!te.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmaster0 View Post
    MM saying investment in better diagnosis and rehabilitation of players for injuries. What a waste of money!!

Surely he realises the human body is complicated and it just takes longer for some players.

Hardly a priority either. If only I was in charge.
    Ok, let's try this from a slightly different angle. You have labelled the work of Jeff Clarke as "inadequate" and "not fit for purpose." Furthermore you have called for him to lose his job and livelihood. So given if he was looking in here, he could consider your opening post as defamatory, I would like to know what your evidence is to substantiate this assertion? You can not merely rely on anecdotal accounts of players being injured or rumours. Have we had an unusually large number of injuries over a substantial period of time? Are our players consistently out for longer than the general time frame of associated injuries? Is there evidence of an abnormal amount of misdiagnosis'? And sorry but paraphrasing Mike Martin (I haven't seen the interview) into a statement that offers no actual information or insight (your paraphrasing could mean anything from we are getting an entire new medical team and cryo chambers to stopping buying our physio tape off of ebay and using black cabs instead of uber to send people to Ninewells) does not count. What is the basis of this assertion?

Now if during the root and branch review there is a problem found with the physio and medical team, by somebody who actually does have access to the evidence and knows what they are talking about, then by all means lets deal with it. I'm not qualified to decide that and I don't have access to the relevant information. Unfortunately, as I have said all along, all we have is anecdotal accounts and conjecture. To me that's not enough for somebody to lose their job.

Firstly I don't want anyone to lose their livelihood. Is Jeff the physio? I'm sorry Jeff if I have caused distress and or offence. I now know from my fellow posters that I was wrong. No idea why the chairman has said he will improve the diagnosis and rehab of players. They will be back when they are good and ready.

Just in case...... I'm sorry Emil Lyng.

So as expected you don't actually have anything to back up your assertion then other than conjecture and anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    So as expected you don't actually have anything to back up your assertion then other than conjecture and anecdotes.
    Not sure. I don't know what those last words mean.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)