+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolymiller - Might as well start the Mansfield Matchthread...

Don't wish to detract from Cayton's efforts, but think he was just relaying the rufc twitter feed.

It’s the same twitter feed as I was following but it’s good of him to put it on here.

Of course the result is disappointing but the idea is to use these games to work out various systems and permutations and give everyone a run out without getting anyone injured.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 28-07-2018 at 04:40 PM.

So was anyone called Yates actually playing?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Don't understand the comments about Yates. Thought he'd signed for Carlisle on loan?
    Played today for Carlisle.

Comment on their forum -

Liked the look of Glendon in front of the back four and thought Yates was excellent. Bennett is awful though. Scoring the winner just papers over the cack.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So was anyone called Yates actually playing?
    As I said in the thread. Quote
    "I'm watching two games at once" I presumed you wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist to work out which the other game was. I must have forgotten I was on MM... Sorry mellow for the unprofessional commentary

As mygiddypants and nardendee said. Just copy n paste from Twitter. Thought it may be helpful for those who don't have access or can't work out how to gain access to twitter

Whatever source cayton related it from I say a big thank you to him for it, but Mansfield are no mugs and from the information we got it sounded like we were unfortunate to lose. whatever the personell we had on the pitch.
    That tells me we have a decent squad,not just a decent team, but we will find that out in the coming weeks......UTM

Can’t see Yates in either team. What it does show is that we used all 22 today. Detail courtesy of Mansfield Town twitter :

STAGS XI: Logan (GK), White, Benning, Preston, Pearce (Gibbens 39’), Bishop (Sterling-James 63’), MacDonald, Davies (Graham 79’), Butcher (Mellis 46’), Walker (Angol 63’), Hamilton.

SUBS NOT USED: Olejnik, Atkinson, Digby.

ROTHERHAM UNITED XI: Rodαk (GK) (Price 62’), Vaulks (Ajayi 46’), Forde (Mattock 62’), Palmer (Taylor 62’), Robertson (Ball 62’), Purrington (Wiles 62’), Vassell (Ihiekwe 70’), Newell (Wood 62’), Smith (Williams 62’), Raggett (Vyner 46’), Jones (Proctor 70’).

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    "I'm watching two games at once" I presumed you wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist to work out which the other game was. I must have forgotten I was on MM... Sorry mellow for the unprofessional commentary

As mygiddypants and nardendee said. Just copy n paste from Twitter. Thought it may be helpful for those who don't have access or can't work out how to gain access to twitter
    Sorry, didn't realise you were covering two games at once. Thanks for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post

I am a rocket scientist and didn't have a clue what you was talking about

I always take friendlies for what they are. They are first and foremost to get players match fit, secondly they are to test systems, thirdly they are to weed out any weaknesses they find in either the system or the players.

Results dont matter other than for the reasons given above. This is because nothing is at stake win lose or draw. You get no points on the league table for these games.

Now for the real thing. BRING IT ON.

UTM!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast