+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't see Elgin game, But.....

Didn't see Elgin game, But.....

Was watching the stats as they came in on the bbc site (not always accurate but an indicator).

How can Elgin have much more possession than a so called fit professional team. OK with less possession United made more chances, had more shots, corners etc etc etc but it would seem happy to not have possession.

Had the chances created and shots on target resulted in a few goals (before the flying winger came on) with real thrust. Ten United could have won by several to NIL...

Therein Mr Lazlo is a great point for you. Because he has been delighted to have maximum possession against other teams and still lose matches because the other side uses it better. Hope you have taught yourself a lesson.

From all accounts until the new lad came on it was the same dire shyt that has been served up so much recently.

Just hope to feck that there is a mentality change and better focus for the pars match.

Bet365 had our possession stats in the mid 60s so perhaps BBC was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmaster0 View Post
    Bet365 had our possession stats in the mid 60s so perhaps BBC was wrong?
    ^^this
    Was listening to open all mikes and the reports during the match were that United had loads of possession but were doing nothing with it.

I was at the game and it was as bad as the rest of these games we have played in this competition. Yes we scored 4 goals with no disrespect to Elgin it's a team we should be beating. We had a lot off the ball but the players looked clueless in what to do with it. We were poor again and things only changed when the new winger came on. Pace directness skill looks for the byline and makes a good pass just what we need.

Again why he plays a player at CB when he's been told he can leave confuses me. Target man required and fast please.

I read an interview that CL gave saying how he likes to play a more passing game but people will say why don't you play long ball this is Scottish football. Honestly what people are telling him he has to play long ball and not play a passing style. It seems he never take the blame and always passes the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    I was at the game and it was as bad as the rest of these games we have played in this competition. Yes we scored 4 goals with no disrespect to Elgin it's a team we should be beating. We had a lot off the ball but the players looked clueless in what to do with it. We were poor again and things only changed when the new winger came on. Pace directness skill looks for the byline and makes a good pass just what we need.

Again why he plays a player at CB when he's been told he can leave confuses me. Target man required and fast please.

I read an interview that CL gave saying how he likes to play a more passing game but people will say why don't you play long ball this is Scottish football. Honestly what people are telling him he has to play long ball and not play a passing style. It seems he never take the blame and always passes the buck.
    I hear what you're saying, but this passing the buck.....'is it a long pass, or is it playing it out from the back?'

Elgin are in the bottom tier of Scottish football and finished mid table last season.

They are a small part time team with a population of 23,000 - of course United should be beating teams in the fourth tier.

Scoring 4 goals is always a good achievement, no matter what team you are playing -so it was a very good result .

However, the damage was done when United failed to beat Alloa - a seeded team finishing 2nd bottom and failing to quality for the next round of the Scottish League cup is worrying ( the excuses being offered up were just as concerning ).

Inverness are looking like the team to watch for the new season - but I don't think any team will manage to keep their form for the whole of the season, so there will be plenty of twists and turns ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post

Aye Csaba and his "continental" style of football bullsh1t. Nobody says we don't want a passing game, just have a purpose in doing it.
    High tempo, plenty of running and if we lose the ball work hard to win it back.
    We do none of these things in my opinion and our style is more suited to time wasting rather than taking the game to the opposition.

That's the point. Nicky Clarke would as well be an athlete because he runs and runs for nothing. There is no tempo or running from midfield it looks like their blindfolded, while Clark is running about like a headless chicken. If it wasn't for this new winger clearly not following instructions by going forward it would have been 1-0. If people weren't there don't be fooled by the 4-0 score line and think they must have played well cause they certainly didn't.

Loembe and Declan Glass (a real prospect) just thought f uck it and went out and played.
    As soon as they play into Csaba's system it will suck the life out of them.

Loembe and Glass were the two positives for me. Yes we scored four goals but Luke I have said before if it wasn't for loembe then would have been one. I can see young Glass turning into a Guald type player let's hope he gets his chance. On pre season form he has to be starting line up yes he's young and will have ups and downs but just now he's all ups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)