+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New signings

New signings

Thankfully, haven't been able to get to any of the cup games due to holidays and work. Despite the poor results what's the general consensus on the new signings who have featured? Any impressed? Whose likely to be the no1 for Dunfermline game?

Siegrist
    Rakovan
    Wardrop
    Booth
    Frans
    Barton
    Rabitsch
    Aird
    Clark

Personally think both goalies have seemed solid. Either could do a job. Clark will score goals and there is a player in Wardrop and Aird too. Both a bit raw at times. Barton seems decent, without being exciting (not a critcism!). Haven't seen enough of Booth yet, Frans looks ok, but worry about him as a defensive leader. Might grow into that role though.
    Rabitsch off the pace so far in my view. Hopefully time will help there too.

I am however more optimistic than most. Pretty sure some balance to these views will come shortly!

They’ve barely played yet.

Both goalies seem good, wardrop will be fine at rb, frans I’ve been most impressed wee, booth hasn’t played really, rabitsch is dreadful, Barton looks class imo will be good to see him with fyvie, aird been ok, Clark will score goals

The potential combination of Barton and Fyvie does seem promising.

I though Siegrist was brought in as no1. Rakovan has more presence about him in the little time ive seen then. Shouts a lot too. But so did Kelham

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I though Siegrist was brought in as no1. Rakovan has more presence about him in the little time ive seen then. Shouts a lot too. But so did Kelham
    It seems that Siegrist was in as no1, but to give Rakovan his due, he seems to have a we'll see about that attitude and is prepared to fight for his place! So much different from last season where the better keeper didnt have a hope n hell!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)