+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news SSN

Gayle scored 21 in half a season. Then got injured. The team was built to share the goals, Wood was Leeds only goal outlet.

Personally I don't rate wood that highly.

When he was at West Brom and (on loan) Birmingham a few years back he had promise. But he is no better than Gayle or Mitro and he would be a major disappointment if he came here.

Wood actually scored 27 in 44 league games. (Leeds were play off certs until just after easter).

Gayle scored 23 in 32 games. Most of them prior to mid January.

They are both championship standard.

Wood maybe offers more as a sub in the top flight, simply because of his size and threat at set pieces.

(Probably both better than Rondon though.)

The fact that our resident Baggies fan Al is delighted to see him go speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The fact that our resident Baggies fan Al is delighted to see him go speaks volumes.
    Absolutely. He may not have been the worst player in their team last season, but nonetheless he was one of them. And they were bad (Sorry you had to go down Al).

Rondon was canny prolific until he went to the Baggies,I think he is better than Mitro(as in he's not a lazy slow radgey fecker) he's miles better than the Hoss.Sooo if he does sign he will have my 100% support.
    I think we should see how he performs in wor team before ganning too overboard with the negatives..
    If it's Gayle and a couple of million,we better be signing a proper Number 10 and some defensive cover..FCB OOT..

Wood scored 11 goals in the PL in 34 appearances. Let's call that 1 in 3.

Rondon 24 in 108, let's be kind and call that 1 in 5.

Wood for me. Younger, hungrier, scores more goals.

Of the two i'd actually rather Rondon, i just personally don't rate Woods that much - didn't in the championship and don't in the prem.

I don't rate Rondon that much either but would still him over Woods.

I still think we'll go for Ings on loan in the last gasps of the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Wood scored 11 goals in the PL in 34 appearances. Let's call that 1 in 3.

Rondon 24 in 108, let's be kind and call that 1 in 5.

Wood for me. Younger, hungrier, scores more goals.
    Rondon career
    Matches - 343
    Goals - 107
    ratio - 1 in 3.205

Wood career
    Matches - 480
    Goals - 97
    ratio - 1 in 4.969

Rondon's strike rate is considerably better. We should also consider a coefficient which would further move the stats in Rondon's favour.

Rondon has played his entire career in the top leagues of Venezuela, Spain, Russia & Premiership. Where as Wood has spend his entire career apart from 24 goals in the lower leagues of English football.

I don't want Rondon to sign for NUFC, I had literally never heard of him when he was linked with us (probably more to do with the fact I've living away these days & not exposed to as much of the other Prem team's news & Pulis / Pardew combo ensure I paid the club little heed) but he is in a completely different calibre to Wood.

Wood works well in a team like Burnley. Sure we are becoming a club more in the mould of a Sean Dyche team rather than the swashbuckling golden teams of Keegan & Sir Bob.

Yet again Owner, take a bow son, take a bow!

lets face it he cant be any worse than any of rafas prem striker purchases
    what is rondodns prem record like against th player rafa forced out ie mitro

spotting strikers doesnt seem to be rafas strong point at the moment

some danish lad
    a lad who plays maybe 25 minutes for us and joselwho

surely you would let him go and keep mitro and add a striker if thats rondon who i pressume has a better record than josewlo so be it

but rafa wont admit he has made mistakes
    and he has the backing of the blind deluded fans who wont say he has
    and the squad gets worse

See thats the problem with STRIKERS if your fat hungry greedy slob cun.t of a boss won't buy your FIRST choice striker

( they do cost money you know) your sort of stuck with the bottom rung ...

For what it's worth , I like Rondon A LOT , he's better then Mitro , faster stronger and a lot brighter , he is made for the way Rafa sets up this team .I have no doubt he will be a fans favourite sooner rather then later if he signs .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)