+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An honest but worrying statement from the manager

An honest but worrying statement from the manager

When asked if we ready for the start of the Premiership next week, the manager said, “I think we’re getting there but I don’t think we are up to speed yet. We’ll be away at a St Mirren team who’ll be looking to get off to a good footing but we really want to make a good bit of traction early in the season.

Why the hell are we not upto speed yet?,pre season is where you get the squad upto peak fitness etc,to make good traction then surely to coin a phrase "you have to be upto speed"

Really struggling to believe i just read that

I have alwAys thought we looked less fitter than other teams since the Asian boy that was here with PH left

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    When asked if we ready for the start of the Premiership next week, the manager said, “I think we’re getting there but I don’t think we are up to speed yet. We’ll be away at a St Mirren team who’ll be looking to get off to a good footing but we really want to make a good bit of traction early in the season.

Why the hell are we not upto speed yet?,pre season is where you get the squad upto peak fitness etc,to make good traction then surely to coin a phrase "you have to be upto speed"

Really struggling to believe i just read that

Be helpful if you put the rest of his quote in:

He continued
    " I'd like to think we could add one or Two bodies if we could before next weekend but if we don't the boys coming back from injury will make us a strong squad and then we travel to Paisley to try and get the three points "

nothing helpful in the rest of his quote,he as manager will continue to look for other players throughout the season,and so he should!

he as manager should have had his squad at their peak fitness by now,infact the squad shouldv been at full fitness for the league cup games imo so we are a few weeks behind the pace.

Billy are you pleased the players are "not upto speed",four competitive games into the season? not being pickie but for the life of me i cani see why you wid want to deflect from my original post,and id expect any dee team to "try and get the points at Paisley"nae disrespect to buddies
    Last edited by shaded; 30-07-2018 at 01:14 PM.

New players in may be, I'm more worried about current players leaving at the end of the window.

I’m worried that the manager is making excuse already , still no striker
    This has got the makings of a disaster
    How many players that have left either permanently or on loan have fallen out with manager
    El back, Bain , haber , WAddell , Holt , wolters , the Spaniard
    Hope it’s not an ego thing I would like him to succeed ,but ............

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)