+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The revolution had already happened ( part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    IBS had a point, TV and movies are overly PC these days.

The Dr Who producer boasted the other day "for the first time ever we have writes of colour".

Who cares what colour the writers are?

The British left have adopted the American radical college identity politics agenda and they're going to regret it because it's very divisive.

IBS had a point. He made it lots of times. He made the point. The likes of you and Grist come straight on and confirm that point. Over and over again. How many times do you need to make this point? We get where you're coming from on all things PC, we've disagreed and in the first couple of times it was quite interesting.

By the time that the same points have been made in different threads, with you and Grist repeating the same points, we can only conclude that the points are coming from political obsessives, of which there are many in these turbulent political times, both left and right. However, only the right seem to take pleasure in trying to force their political views on others on here (although I'm sure that other boards get their fair share of Trots!). If others on the left kept repeatedly starting threads with left wing bias, you'd no doubt be up in arms!

IBS/anastasia/kempo et al may like to think of himself, David Brent stylie as somehow intellectual, satirical, funny but to me he is just the same as all the other political obsessive who spout anything Guido Fawkes says to whomever they can reach. At the end of the day, it's a footy site but am perfectly happy to see and join in topical news discussions with fresh angles, but not repetitive one dimensional political propaganda.

FAO Kerr and John: "dangerous precedents", "slippery slopes", "not breaking any rules" etc - come on, it's a bloomin' footy message board, not a court of law. I'm sure if enough people complain, the mods will rethink the decision, but I think the reasoning behind this topic being ended was spot on.

Start of the new season now Grist, think we'll have plenty of footy topics on Saturday to keep you entertained owd lad! There's one thing, the multis will be quiet unless its just to come on here slagging the millers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The over long political threads are killing this site.

Funny at times though when one of the most boring posters makes a comment that he finds another poster boring.

I'm going to give it a miss for a while until it goes back to being a football message board. So probably that's it for good.

Cheers everybody
    Yeah.. all these idiots starting non-football threads.... er, like this one!
    Lack of self-awareness or what?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 30-07-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The over long political threads are killing this site.

Funny at times though when one of the most boring posters makes a comment that he finds another poster boring.

I'm going to give it a miss for a while until it goes back to being a football message board. So probably that's it for good.

Cheers everybody

I'm confused - IBS has been the one starting the long political threads of which you protest. Yet in this thread you're protesting his latest thread being banned??!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Most of it repetitive rubbish, some of it quite offensive - that's why you got banned... then you started appearing under other names, doing the same thing, and got banned. Strange that IBS is still even on here really
    OOOOH Harsh...but I do like you!

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Agendas definitely. .big mistake by me not voting to have O/T separate.
    No one's up for debate, it's usually a " Challenge " different altogether to debate or difference of opinion.
    Maybe it's me that's too laid backed and chilled out. I've said it before, these days Social Media is way out of control, some of it down to anonimity and some down to how people respond to each other.
    What would you do KerrAvon about ' antagonists ' that have an agenda ? Not everyone can ignore or put a proper reply back.
    Wouldn't have the Moderators job for love nor money.

Won't be posting much, due for an MRI Scan, much more important than Social Media.

It's people like CT Miller I feel sorry for, used this site for a long while and never judges one way or the other.
    Been trying to close my old account down then will do the same with this one eventually.
    Why on earth can't people ignore IBS if they don't like what he writes? I read a couple of paragraphs into his 'revolution' post and then stopped because I found it neither interesting nor amusing - it was a bit too ‘obvious’. It wasn't difficult to do that.

As for the notion that he has a right wing agenda, he clearly doesn't (or at the very least it's impossible to tell). He is a WUM and used to try to rile the right wingers by talking about his experiences working with asylum seekers. He then did the religion thing. I can only assume that he switched to his current persona because he found the left wingers on here a far more entertaining target; in fishing terms, he opens up the bait box and the fish queue up to throw themselves into his keep net.

It's not just IBS either. A poster recently used ‘WU’ instead of ‘OT’ in the title of a thread and still the usual suspects lined up to respond... unbelievable.

I'm not a fan of WUMs, but think IBS is entertaining at times (it's in the eye of the beholder, Roly). Even if that were not the case, if people had the wit to ignore his less entertaining or more provocative posts, he'd quickly stop bothering with them.

Big fan of CT - he comes across as a thoroughly decent person.

I'm with kerr on this.
    And IBS has done a lot of good football posts and a lot of the time I agree with him, maybe the odd wind up football post as he can't help himself But mostly serious football posts.
    It's clear to me both him and kempo do go to games and I enjoy kempo's football posts too.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why on earth can't people ignore IBS if they don't like what he writes? .

I'm not a fan of WUMs, but think IBS is entertaining at times (it's in the eye of the beholder, Roly). Even if that were not the case, if people had the wit to ignore his less entertaining or more provocative posts, he'd quickly stop bothering with them.

Thanks for an honest answer KerrAvon, no idea why anyone would open a thread they're not interested in, let alone reply.

Indeed CT is a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    I'm with kerr on this.
    And IBS has done a lot of good football posts and a lot of the time I agree with him, maybe the odd wind up football post as he can't help himself But mostly serious football posts.
    It's clear to me both him and kempo do go to games and I enjoy kempo's football posts too.
    They go to the games Amanda, I can assure you of that !!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why on earth can't people ignore IBS if they don't like what he writes? I read a couple of paragraphs into his 'revolution' post and then stopped because I found it neither interesting nor amusing - it was a bit too ‘obvious’. It wasn't difficult to do that.

As for the notion that he has a right wing agenda, he clearly doesn't (or at the very least it's impossible to tell). He is a WUM and used to try to rile the right wingers by talking about his experiences working with asylum seekers. He then did the religion thing. I can only assume that he switched to his current persona because he found the left wingers on here a far more entertaining target; in fishing terms, he opens up the bait box and the fish queue up to throw themselves into his keep net.

It's not just IBS either. A poster recently used ‘WU’ instead of ‘OT’ in the title of a thread and still the usual suspects lined up to respond... unbelievable.

Doesn't have a right wing agenda?! Lol!!

Entertaining? Blimey, really is in the eye of the beholder! Have you seen his satire tonight on shares? My sides split...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast