+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: O/T The revolution had already happened ( part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiacrabapple View Post
    As I don’t post much on here these days mike miller now leads the bullying of another poster ie IBS as he can’t bully me.

This wonderful new moderating only seems to apply to a few certainly not to mike and the other chosen ones
    Ibs said he wanted to write a traditional drama arnt me and mike helping?

I thought we were 😔

Don't be silly crabby you are a grown man not a child...In the end its a footy message board. I think camiller has got this right and no its nowt to do with him being brainwashed by lefties and censorship.

Like that post rolymiller.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It's a lazy argument to try to draw a parallel between the right of a poster to express an opinion upon a subject and the right of others to call for that poster to be silenced or celebrate when he has been. I couldn't and wouldn't have any issue with posters actually debating with IBS, just as I have no issue with people who choose to debate with me. I have a serious issue with censorship.

You say that you are not against political discussion that is topical and relevant. Are you sure that you don't mean that you are not against political discussion that fits with your beliefs and goes your way?
    I couldn't think of anything more intellectually lazy than just accepting that anything that anyone wants to say on a football message board should be acceptable. I don't like censorship, was brought up with the *** Pistols etc, and completely agree that within law, people should be allowed to express their personal opinion, even if some might find that unpalatable. But, and this is crucial here, how many times on a football message board should an individual be allowed to set up (for that's what IBS does, he doesn't put forward offensive views repeatedly himself, he sets up posters such as Fire and Grist, easily manipulated posters, who are happy to seize upon the topics and post such recent opinions generalising that all black people are violent/lazy, that all Muslims reject British values, and down to repeated assertions that all gays are promiscuous and the BBC are left wing)?

Yes, all arguments should be allowed to be made. How many times should an indivual/s be allowed to repeat their arguments on a football message board? No one is denying the right to argue their point one time, two times, but the third time and beyond? Really?? Should a football message board, and it's mods that are generally speaking trying to find a middle ground of interests of all people posting, have to tolerate people making the same points over and over again, just because of a legal right of free speech and problems with so called censorship? Nonsense I say, it's a private football based message board with some excellent political debate and (me included) some boring **** as well (soz). But I don't repeatedly force my views down people's throats as IBS's posts are set up to do (and if you can't see the link between Guido Fawkes daily output and IBS's posts god help you!).

So, completely agree that all arguments from any perspective, can be made, opposed and defended. Fine with that. But not repeated, over and again. Why are your defending that? It's a football message board.

Can we let this thread die now please

So, completely agree that all arguments from any perspective, can be made, opposed and defended. Fine with that. But not repeated, over and again. Why are your defending that? It's a football message board.
    Oh the irony how some perceive themselves. Only Grist and GF not fit to attend the vicars tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiacrabapple View Post
    As I don’t post much on here these days mike miller now leads the bullying of another poster ie IBS as he can’t bully me.

This wonderful new moderating only seems to apply to a few certainly not to mike and the other chosen ones
    Posting an opinion on someone is different to bullying..so is dangling a maggot..ok ill bite..lost the spare tyre yet ? 😊

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910