+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artist in Residence: Brilliant

Artist in Residence: Brilliant

A must watch from CH4 last night.

A one point ( I think it was in the Pardew era) he is sat in the changing room with Brunt, Foster and Field and just as an intro asks "Good training session?"

The only reply he got was silence they didn't even make eye contact. If ever a silence spoke volumes that was it.

Watch it; it's a brilliant insight to what went on last season

Best hour's TV for ages.
    I felt as if I was there! And the paintings were brilliant.

An excellent documentary which, judging by the body language, answered a lot of questions from last season. Great moment when we got that last minute winner against Spuds. For a man who had previously put football on the back burner, he certainly got sucked into the emotion of everything that day. Great watch.

So often these fly on the wall documentaries end up being hatchet jobs and disappoint. This was completely the opposite. An intelligently made documentary that seemed to accurately portray life at the club over the course of the season. I really warmed to the artist & presenter 'Tai' and how he really resonated with the fans and the club as the film progressed. A talented artist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    So often these fly on the wall documentaries end up being hatchet jobs and disappoint. This was completely the opposite. An intelligently made documentary that seemed to accurately portray life at the club over the course of the season. I really warmed to the artist & presenter 'Tai' and how he really resonated with the fans and the club as the film progressed. A talented artist as well.
    As someone from another club (the Lions) this was an excellent piece of film. Look forward to playing you this season.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    As someone from another club (the Lions) this was an excellent piece of film. Look forward to playing you this season.
    Thanks, Claw. NOT looking forward to sharing the B'ham-Hawthorns train with your fans, though.

Watched this on Catch up after reading reviews on here. Class documentary and was great to see how the non football loving presenter got caught up in the euphoria of a home win. Also a great insight on Pulis - love him or hate him, he ain't going to change - even has a picture of Napoleon on his wall!

Watched it last night, very good.
    Pulis is hard to sum up. Talks about most things articulately, talks a good game, buys flair players, then come a match plays 9 at the back including players not noted for their defensive skills.
    Didn't think much to the painting of Brunt but he was happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Watched it last night, very good.
    Pulis is hard to sum up. Talks about most things articulately, talks a good game, buys flair players, then come a match plays 9 at the back including players not noted for their defensive skills.
    Didn't think much to the painting of Brunt but he was happy with it.
    I also watched it last night. Really good watching. He did get excited with that last minute goal against Tottenham.

I don’t think Pulis can change. Borough will be hard to beat and his tactics might work in the Championship, in the Premier League however, it is a different matter, class player/sides can undo you and when they do and you have no plan B you lose, sometimes, heavily.

Enjoyable programme, a pity there was no mention of Cyrille Regis and the emotions surrounding the Southampton game though. He was clearly unsure initially about our motivations. But I think he understood or at least appreciated what motivates football supporters in the end. Well done Tai and Channel Four .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)