+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Looking Good At Turf Moor

Not Looking Good At Turf Moor

It seems we are in a lot of trouble with incoming transfers after Sean Dyche was interviewed on Sky.

He says we had 4 signed when every party said Yes, yes yes yes, then said 4 players said No, no no no.

Dyche looked upset with the situation, but how can you have 4 deals done and then they disappear ?

I'm still in the mind that our transfer negotiation team are in above their heads.

Our gaffer with his "Dyche Type Player" still gets my goat, he's supposed to be a Manager, so Manage the player and the dressing room, I've just read Alex Fergusons Auto and he managed his dressing room, outing Roy Keane because of his disruption of the dressing room, amongst others.

We have been ***** footing about for over 3 years now, yes we got Brady, D4, Wood and a few others along the way, but it makes you wonder who we lost, AND WHO THE HELL WE ARE LOSING NOW.

We need to up our game, be it to stop fannying about with pittance offers and maybe pay a little bit more in wages, no not to throw money at them, but up our game while we are still in the money league and still with a Manager who deserves more.

https://twitter.com/Athlete57/status...779101697?s=09

Nowt we can do Alto.

Let's just trust Sean and his team and see where we are on Thursday week.

Ten days to go!

Our gaffer with his "Dyche Type Player" still gets my goat, he's supposed to be a Manager, so Manage the player and the dressing room, I've just read Alex Fergusons Auto and he managed his dressing room, outing Roy Keane because of his disruption of the dressing room, amongst others.

Not sure at all how you can criticize SD's man management style Alto. Yesterday he had virtually a full second team pulling their tripes out to impress.

SD has a style of play and chooses a certain a type of player to fit his own agenda. That's what great managers do. Need I remind you we finished SEVENTH in the EPL last season?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Nowt we can do Alto.

Let's just trust Sean and his team and see where we are on Thursday week.

Ten days to go!
    I trust Sean 59/60, but Alto is onto something when he talks about our transfer negotiating team, I know two different people, both with close links to the club, who have said the same thing, they're a problem, they're not really up to the job.

I assume and I don't think I'm far off the mark, £20 million is our maximum budget and £45k a week plus extras is our top end pay structure.

Surely to goodness we can attract our sort of player on that budget? I'm not that bothered in truth because if we can nurture Dunne and McNeil we might just have enough cover. Dunne impresses the hell out of me.

Thing is BT that was last season, don’t count for nothing when we kick the first ball in two weeks

I can't see much changing army88. Same personnel, same tactics, same sort of results!

Hope your right, I just think we may not get away with some this time around, I can see draws and lots of them.
    We are I’ll prepared for a longer more gruelling campaign ( if we can win Thursday ) that is.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Hope your right, I just think we may not get away with some this time around, I can see draws and lots of them.
    We are I’ll prepared for a longer more gruelling campaign ( if we can win Thursday ) that is.
    I'm not at all sure about that army88. We selected what was virtually a second eleven yesterday and every single player we used on the pitch could do a decent short term job.

Bardsley, Long, Taylor, Hendrick, Brady, Barnes, Walters, Wells and Vokes are not exactly novice professionals. Dunne, O'Neill and McNeil look excellent young players to me and the boy Goodridge looks exceptional. If we can add a couple, we should be in great shape, if not I still think we will be OK!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not at all sure about that army88. We selected what was virtually a second eleven yesterday and every single player we used on the pitch could do a decent short term job.

Bardsley, Long, Taylor, Hendrick, Brady, Barnes, Walters, Wells and Vokes are not exactly novice professionals. Dunne, O'Neill and McNeil look excellent young players to me and the boy Goodridge looks exceptional. If we can add a couple, we should be in great shape, if not I still think we will be OK!
    With respect I'd disagree totally with your above quote BT.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)