+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Aberdeen

Burnley v Aberdeen

We need a big crowd but the Club promoting ticket sales with around 4 - 5k supposedly still unsold.
    I tried to register my wife a few days ago for Southampton tickets to find the registration system wasn’t working. I wonder if that’s part of the problem. Certainly that needs fixing.
    Pity when we could have sold more to Aberdeen.

It is an opportunity for fans to go and support their team in a European Competition instead of moaning on that they can't get tickets for this match or that. However, as is the way with many local fans, they are apathetic to the game because we are 'only playing Aberdeen' and it is 'a tin-pot competition' anyway. These same fans who can't be bothered now will be the same fans who, if we progress in the competition, will be demanding tickets and moaning if they are not available.
    Many Burnley fans travel long distances to go to matches and they will be there as usual, however, quite a number of fans who live fairly near to Burnley would rather not buy a ticket for the reasons stated. Football fans eh?

Hope the Registration system lets them!

Just seen
    Our Thursday ref is from the World Cup VAR team?

Italian whistler Massimiliano Irrati will be the man in the middle for Aberdeen’s trio to Lancashire, for their Europa League second qualifying round second leg tie against Burnley. The 39-year-old from the Tuscany region, who has taken charge of more than 80 top flight matches in his homeland, was one of the 13 VAR officials at the 2018 World Cup. He was on duty for the tournament opener between Russia and Saudi Arabia, and was the main VAR for the final between France and Croatia. All in all, the official was the main VAR for 14 matches in Russia - more than any other VAR.

Irrati has taken charge of 196 matches so far in his career, issuing 850 yellow cards, 29 red cards and awarding 52 penalties. He will be assisted by Lorenzo Manganelli and Sergio Ranghetti, while Gianluca Manganiello will be on fourth official duty.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...rees-1-4775810

4 yellows per game
    A penalty every 4 ... hope it’s for us this time mind you we’ve probably forgotten how and who is to take it!
    A red every 6.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 30-07-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It is an opportunity for fans to go and support their team in a European Competition instead of moaning on that they can't get tickets for this match or that. However, as is the way with many local fans, they are apathetic to the game because we are 'only playing Aberdeen' and it is 'a tin-pot competition' anyway. These same fans who can't be bothered now will be the same fans who, if we progress in the competition, will be demanding tickets and moaning if they are not available.
    Many Burnley fans travel long distances to go to matches and they will be there as usual, however, quite a number of fans who live fairly near to Burnley would rather not buy a ticket for the reasons stated. Football fans eh?
    It's Burnley holidays! Even die hard Burnley fans can't be in two places at once!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's Burnley holidays! Even die hard Burnley fans can't be in two places at once!
    That may be the case, however, I still stick to my theory that some locals would rather moan about things than go and support the team. I have come to this conclusion after living away from the area for over 50 years, however, it was pretty much the same when I lived in Ossy!

Not just us Supersub, it seems to be par for the course for supporters of all clubs.

EUFA rules are making it bloody hard to buy tickets. How many walk ons or last minute sales we are missing out on is just ridiculous! Don't blame the fans because EUFA are placing daft obstacles in the way!

This surprises me - That said, it's 3 days away and 4/5000 can be moved in that time frame.

Surely after the lengthy absence of European football you guys have had it'll sell out - Surely?

The day out is about as good as gets for us in Europe as, even if we get past Burnley, the odds are heavily against us progressing much further, never mind the group stages. UEFA see to that.

I truly wish we had the £20m ceiling on transfers, and £45k pw pay scale mentioned above! Your maximum transfer (If true) for any one player is 25% more than our entire turnover. Our top earner(s) will be on no more than £5k pw. How times have changed since winning our two European Trophies.

Anyway........See you all in the cricket club on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    EUFA rules are making it bloody hard to buy tickets. How many walk ons or last minute sales we are missing out on is just ridiculous! Don't blame the fans because EUFA are placing daft obstacles in the way!

Good point BT, I would go to a lot more games if I didn't have to jump through hoops every time I wanted a ticket. If I could just walk up on Thursday I probably would, but I can't, so it's BT Sport for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EastAnglianRed View Post
    This surprises me - That said, it's 3 days away and 4/5000 can be moved in that time frame.

Surely after the lengthy absence of European football you guys have had it'll sell out - Surely?

The day out is about as good as gets for us in Europe as, even if we get past Burnley, the odds are heavily against us progressing much further, never mind the group stages. UEFA see to that.

I truly wish we had the £20m ceiling on transfers, and £45k pw pay scale mentioned above! Your maximum transfer (If true) for any one player is 25% more than our entire turnover. Our top earner(s) will be on no more than £5k pw. How times have changed since winning our two European Trophies.

Anyway........See you all in the cricket club on Thursday
    EARed
    Yes the response has been disappointing so far, but many of the town are on holiday.
    On money
    Just as well you aren’t playing Man United with their top salary of £500k a week a squad worth £750m and club valued at $2.3 billion, the most valuable football club in the world. Man City squad is almost £1bn.
    We are Premier League minnows with the 6th lowest squad value - we used to be 2nd bottom.
    So we sort of know how you feel, when we played united in 2014 one player, Di Maria, was bought for more than we had ever spent in total since we founded the Football League with 11 others in 1888 or since we were founded in 1882. Many of the players we had then were rejects from other clubs or free transfers or cheap buys from lower divisions and Sean has turned a number into internationals. its only last year we spent £15m on one player.
    Our ground is second oldest in the PL to Chelsea, but theirs is rather more modern as you will see!

Anyway I hope you have a good season enjoy your trip to the Pennines and our club, naturally I’m hoping we progress but our cup performances leave a bit to be desired.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)