+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody extends contract to 2020

Woody extends contract to 2020

..know he probably wont play much this season but well deserved for his heroics last season. A good chap to have round the club and wonder if Warney is looking to keeping him with the backroom staff long term. Well deserved Richard always a magic guy...

Rotherham United

Verified account

@OfficialRUFC
    42m42 minutes ago
    More
    ✍| #rufc are delighted to announce that Richard Wood has agreed terms on a new deal which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2020

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ..know he probably wont play much this season but well deserved for his heroics last season. A good chap to have round the club and wonder if Warney is looking to keeping him with the backroom staff long term. Well deserved Richard always a magic guy...

Rotherham United

Verified account

@OfficialRUFC
    42m42 minutes ago
    More
    ✍| #rufc are delighted to announce that Richard Wood has agreed terms on a new deal which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2020
    Speaking to Richard in the Hilton after the game. We were discussing his next move and he told me he was after an extension to his contact preferably two years and did I think he was worth it?

I said considering what you've just given the club for the forthcoming season with your goals, yes you are, but more importantly what you give to the club. So glad it as all turned out great for him providing not only from a playing capability but, financial security for his Wife and family.

Well done Richard so richly deserved.

Woody does indeed deserve it.

Well done to you brin for giving our players such expert advice for free.

I suspect that you have been inundated with advice requests from our lads...A big well done to you fella and I note your Hilton stay whereas I made do with the Novotel!

I suspect he may well get plenty of appearances, perhaps from the bench. Great guy to have when defending a lead. Wonder if Warney is going to continue with his one defender per game this season. Got plenty to keep happy,that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Speaking to Richard in the Hilton after the game. We were discussing his next move and he told me he was after an extension to his contact preferably two years and did I think he was worth it?

I said considering what you've just given the club for the forthcoming season with your goals, yes you are, but more importantly what you give to the club. So glad it as all turned out great for him providing not only from a playing capability but, financial security for his Wife and family.

Well done Richard so richly deserved.
    Thanks Brin.

He's earned a new contract and will be able to provide the younger players with guidance and support

Contact well earned, even as back up. Legend.

I'm a big fan of Richard Wood. 100%er and last season's hero.
    However I hope that the contract extension is based on expectations of what he can do over the next couple of seasons and not some sort of reward for what he has done so far - which seems to be the general theme of a lot of posts on this thread.
    Cutthroat business is footie, especially for the likes of us. We have to spend wisely. I hope that the contract extension is a result of sound forward planning and not sentimentality. I reckon it probably is.

I've met Richard a couple of times. First time was when he won MOTM ( can't remember the match concerned ) it was when AS or KJ wouldn't play him.
    Keeps himself fit and ' wears his heart on his sleeve '.
    Second time was just before he signed the contract before this one. He didn't tell me anything we didn't know i.e. 90% of players go where the money is.

Great bloke to chat to and well deserved new contract.
    Personally thought they may have moved him on when he couldn't get in the team, just shows I know very little about football !

fits the young hungry potential player Paul warne and people on here keep banging on about.

it's a contract for the boys.

give him a extension but 2 years is a bit to long in my eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast