+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm also not so sure about that.
    i dont see how people can? how can you enjoy slagging off your own players? other teams players, yer Browns etc aye, oh f uck aye, but yer own? How can it be enjoyable?

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    If we're going by the "eh pay your wages" theory then I'm sure of your boss was on social media calling you a useless **** repeatedly etc it would have an adverse effect on you and you wouldn't be incentivised to work harder for them.
    it would aye, but he would have no need to as im not in the public eye like footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    You not just think its frustrations and the fact we're still in this sh1te league? aye ST is gone, great, new start but the biggest issue for most is the manager, a manager who we had great hopes for failed miserably last season and the majority wanted him gone.

ST gone and the manager gone with new chairman/owner and new manager coming in would have been an ultimate lift. Now one problem has gone we're still left with another problem which could have disappeared at the end of last season...
    Of course,my point is these people will always find something no matter the situation. When things were going rleatively well a few years back they were still at it. There are plenty on here who fit into that mold. Mental health is my field and there are certain personality types who find comfort in negativity for several reasons.

it would aye, but he would have no need to as im not in the public eye like footballers.
    Being in the public eye doesn't make anyone less human so their reactions would still be the same. That's the problem with many who are desensitised to people in the public eye. It's like folk who say folk with money and fame shouldn't be depressed. It's absolute nonsense

Of course,my point is these people will always find something no matter the situation. When things were going rleatively well a few years back they were still at it. There are plenty on here who fit into that mold. Mental health is my field and there are certain personality types who find comfort in negativity for several reasons.
    people who take comfort in negativity then require your professional help, either that or more bevy!

i dont see how people can? how can you enjoy slagging off your own players? other teams players, yer Browns etc aye, oh f uck aye, but yer own? How can it be enjoyable?
    I agree, it's a real head scratcher. However, I've heard this happen pretty much every time I've stepped in Tannadice. That includes the 1980s BTW when we really weren't ****e.

Being in the public eye doesn't make anyone less human so their reactions would still be the same. That's the problem with many who are desensitised to people in the public eye. It's like folk who say folk with money and fame shouldn't be depressed. It's absolute nonsense
    i never said it did, its two different industries though, what the difference in a supporters saying someones poor or a newspaper going to town on a players poor performance? Public eye. Players need to accept praise and of course criticism

people who take comfort in negativity then require your professional help, either that or more bevy!
    Lol perhaps so. In fact I'm not entirely judgemental about that defect as I've suffered from it myself. When I'm going through severe bouts of depression it's sometimes easier and more comfortable to give into it than fight it and try to get better. It's a weird place to be. I don't take to abusing people though. It's especially galling when people take it to Twitter and specifically target players for snide remarks and often abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree, it's a real head scratcher. However, I've heard this happen pretty much every time I've stepped in Tannadice. That includes the 1980s BTW when we really weren't ****e.
    My Old man hated Billy Kirkwood, hated him lol, some fans take dislikes to players but thats different to the criticism that players have been getting whilst here the past few years, very few players get pass marks in one of the weakest championships in years.

Lol perhaps so. In fact I'm not entirely judgemental about that defect as I've suffered from it myself. When I'm going through severe bouts of depression it's sometimes easier and more comfortable to give into it than fight it and try to get better. It's a weird place to be. I don't take to abusing people though. It's especially galling when people take it to Twitter and specifically target players for snide remarks and often abuse.
    The twitter thing should be punishable by law. Durnan used to get some abuse, its personal, its not a supporter in a crowd shouting something, its not a poster on a forum speaking his mind, its a person directing abuse to a players personal account. Thats wrong, totally wrong, as much as Durnan was poor for us, he didnt deserve that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)