+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dynamic Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    Reserve games were great. I remember bowman giving a hertz player a right hook in the puss right in front of the gf. It was the first tackle he got in the match! Straight red
    Bowman got away with some as well! Remember a Forforshire cup game at Dens where him and Tos ser McKinlay slid into each other and Bow swung an arm after making sure the ref was looking away! Never seen a player greet at the ref so much.

Doubt we would get that level of entertainment, but would rather the club tried to make some money off the reserves instead of playing over at St Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You must also remember the state of the pitch back then too then.
    What I do remember was coming away from matches where everyone was busting a gut to win the game. We had good youngsters who were helped along by first team players that were on the fringes or returning from injury. Now we have a good pitch its just the team do not set out to win games, they prefer to keep possesion and do very little with it.

Games were played Friday night or Saturday afternoon if the first team were playing away.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    No no totally understand where you're coming fae OTM, i just find it hard to believe that some of our own actually enjoy it...
    I don't think some enjoy it. But think some enjoy being "right" and consequently are happier than most when certain things are ****, as they predicted it.

The football was much more direct then, lots of end to end stuff. Great mix of youths and senior pros getting stuck in. None of this tippy tappy s**t we play now

bring back the jMac counter attack ways!! and he played 4231 before anyone else! isnt the system its the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    You are wrong, very wrong!

There isn't a single proper United fan who's enjoying this!!

You seem to have a real downer on arabs who aren't oozing with misguided positivity and aren't shy in putting the boot in on here however, do you get a kick out of that?
    What an odd comment. Although seeing who it's coming from I feel my earlier comments may have hit close to home.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)