+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jamie ward

Jamie ward

Training with us atm by the looks of things don't know if it's to prove his fitness or just to keep fit

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Training with us atm by the looks of things don't know if it's to prove his fitness or just to keep fit
    Used to think he was decent

Not so sure now

32/33 Years young I think

I'm not a big fan of bringing in too many 30+ years old players

Experience is one thing, but we have 3 x 30+ year old strikers already

Great player till he did his knee, but was a shadow of himself after recovery, and his half yard of pace was gone.

Does he play deeper now?

He was a decent player for us back in the day. Had a terrible game in the play off final against Burnley.

Saw him play a couple of times on the telly last season and I still think he has something to offer. His pace will no doubt have dwindled but maybe he's improved his game to compensate.

might go same route with him as we have with mcgoldrick 1 year deal perhaps

I thought he played in a more wider position these days.

Maybe he is only here to keep his fitness up (as previously stated) but I'd like to us to bring in a younger striker for development.

Why would we even consider him? Nathan Thomas who we have sent out on loan is a far far better player than Jamie Ward these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodys Thunderbolt View Post
    Why would we even consider him? Nathan Thomas who we have sent out on loan is a far far better player than Jamie Ward these days.
    true Woody - but maybe like Woodburn - Thomas isn't considered ready for a top end Championship club yet