+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Days Other Games (Season 2018 - 19)

Wolves 1 Everton 2, Richaliston with his second

Derby 1 Weeds 4, oh dear Mr Lampard

Wolves 2 Everton 2

Full Times:

Wolves 2 Everton 2, Wolves should have gone for it at 1-1 but sat back.

Derby 1 Weeds 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Jagielka sent off by Pawson.

You couldn't really argue with a red, and all the muppets agreed, but I felt a bit for Jagielka, he was unlucky, there was no malice in the challenge but he did catch him. Red it may have been, but I saw dozens of tackles worse than that last season that weren't red cards, and I guarantee the next half dozen tackles I see, just as bad as that one, will not be red cards either, they'll get away with yellows. Jagielka was yet another victim of refereeing inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You couldn't really argue with a red, and all the muppets agreed, but I felt a bit for Jagielka, he was unlucky, there was no malice in the challenge but he did catch him. Red it may have been, but I saw dozens of tackles worse than that last season that weren't red cards, and I guarantee the next half dozen tackles I see, just as bad as that one, will not be red cards either, they'll get away with yellows. Jagielka was yet another victim of refereeing inconsistency.
    At the risk of upsetting Sub I'm with you there Sinkov, Just watched Bournemouth v Cardiff on MOTD, Wilson did a step over and stepped into the defender legs and was awarded a penalty FFS !

I definitely argued with the red awarded to Jagielka because he played the ball. As far as I am concerned it was an attempt to win the ball, he won the ball and, as has happened in thousands of matches that have been played since football came into being, he caught his opponent who then proceeded to exaggerate everything about the contact.
    Add to that, the free kick was taken from the wrong place ----not good as far as I am concerned and another step nearer to penalising every bit of physical contact in one way or another. Add to that the campaign to try and stop players heading the ball ---can someone tell me where this once beautiful game is heading?
    Last edited by Supersub6; 12-08-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Liverpool v West Ham 13:30

Arsenal v Man City 16:00

They should take a look at Boxing Sub... .. .

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Bradford 0 Barnsley 2, Hit em Acido
    Two successive wins, no goals conceded, and top of the league Alto. It can't be bad can it.
    Next up.. we're away at the Blacky orange lashers in the tinpot former League Cup thing!.

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)