+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictor 2018-19 (Week 1) - Ladbrokes Championship - Sat 4 Aug

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Predictor 2018-19 (Week 1) - Ladbrokes Championship - Sat 4 Aug

Better get this thing started - sorry for missing the Betfred Cup group stages but better late than never.

Firstly, congratulations to last year's winner I̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ - well done to Sane_Man! You've now become the second player to win this more than once (previously winning in 2014-15; Bagapapa(middleagedirtbag) winning in 2011-12 and 2013-14). Just pipping me to the title won't be held against you. At all. Nope. I'm over it. Just about...

Also, well done to QOS King for claiming the Predictor Cup and to alanqos1 for sweeping all the competition aside to win the World Cup Predictor!

(Underneath this I'll post a list of the previous winners and a reminder of the rules, as it's been a while since I've done so).

This weekend's opening fixtures...

Ladbrokes Championship
    Saturday, 4 August 2018

Ayr Utd v Partick Thistle
    Dundee Utd v Dunfermline Athletic
    Falkirk v Inverness CT
    Morton v Queen of the South
    Ross County v Alloa Athletic
    Please play 1 Joker.

In short...
    Ayr v Partick
    Dundee Utd v Dunfermline
    Falkirk v ICT
    Morton v Queens
    Ross Co v Alloa
    1 Joker to play

Previous winners...

2009-10

1st Edqos1

2nd stanecaldpie
    3rd hotrod

2010-11
    1st wull2001

2nd holden
    3rd Orion

2011-12
    1st Bagapapa (formerly known as middleagedirtbag)

2nd holden
    3rd Katboy31

2012-13
    1st Bob_Agari

2nd ALBERTZ_11
    3rd wull2001

2013-14
    1st Bagapapa (formerly known as middleagedirtbag)

2nd wull2001
    3rd Sane_Man

2014-15
    1st Sane_Man

2nd Edqos1
    3rd mainstandman59

2015-16
    1st doonumberland

2nd EwanHughesArmy
    3rd McGuffie2

2016-17
    1st fruitloop

2nd Bagapapa
    3rd Dobmeister

2017-18
    1st Sane_Man

2nd QoS1_StMirren1
    3rd Bagapapa

Rules...

The rules remain the same but just in case there is anyone new to this that fancies giving this a go this season here's a brief(?) re-cap:-

This competition will run from this coming Friday until the Premiership Play-off final (probably end of May/early June).

Each week I'll post the games to be predicted (the vast majority of the time this will consist of that week's Championship fixtures but on occasion domestic Cup games/World Cup 2018 qualifiers will also feature, for instance).

In competitions in which games go to extra-time/penalties in order to determine a winner, players will always be asked to predict the score at the end of normal time.

Predictions can be made at any point up to kick-off time. There is a little leeway - I'll accept predictions that are a little late, say by about 5 minutes after ko, but much more than that would be unfair to fellow players.

Players will get 3 points for each correct score and 1 point for each correct result. Each week everyone will get at least 1 Joker to play on any of that week's games. This will score them double points on a correct prediction. Also, any match where a quarter or less of the received predictions are correct will have those points doubled.

I post a complete breakdown of the points scored each week so that we can all see exactly how that week's points were scored. A set of tables are also posted weekly: the first listing players' points scored that week, the second the overall table and the third a table of each players' points in the current month. At all times these tables are organised in descending order firstly of points scored, then, if two or more players are tied, the number of correct scores, then the number of correct results, then finally alphabetically.

All the very best of luck to all that take part - have fun/score lots of points!

Ayr 1v1 Partick joker
    Dundee Utd 0v1 Dunfermline
    Falkirk 0v1 ICT
    Morton 0v1 Queens
    Ross Co 2v0 Alloa

Thanks once again for organising this and also the World Cup one, much appreciated.

I wonder if I am hampered slightly by predicting a win for Queens, every time without exception, as a point of principle!

I also wondered how difficult it would be to construct an 'all-time' league table. I wouldn't be near the top because I missed half a season once, I missed three weeks in a row and took a break after that.

It did occur to me once that for the regular players, if they miss a week every game should default to say 2-1? It is quite hard sometimes to make the time to make the predictions, and this default would mean they wouldn't fall quite so far behind? Although I'm not wanting to add more complications.....

Just a thought.

Ayr Utd 2 v 1 Partick Thistle
    Dundee Utd 1 v 2 Dunfermline Athletic
    Falkirk 1 v 1 Inverness CT
    Morton 1 v 2 Queen of the South
    Ross County 2 v 0 Alloa Athletic joker

Ayr United 2 v 1 Partick Thistle
    Dundee United 0 v 2 Dunfermline Athletic
    Falkirk 1 v 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Greenock Morton 3 v 1 Queen of the South
    Ross County 3 v 0 Alloa Athletic (Joker)

Ayr Utd 2 Partick Thistle 0
    Dundee Utd 0 Dunfermline Athletic 1
    Falkirk 1 Inverness CT 2
    Morton 1 Queen of the South 2 (Joker).
    Ross County 2 Alloa Athletic 0

And for McGuffie2 -

Ayr Utd 2 Partick Thistle 2
    Dundee Utd 1 Dunfermline Athletic 1
    Falkirk 2 Inverness CT 1
    Morton 2 Queen of the South 2
    Ross County 3 Alloa Athletic 0 (Joker).

Ayr Utd 1 Partick Thistle 1 (joker)
    Dundee Utd 2 Dunfermline Athletic 2
    Falkirk 1 Inverness CT 1
    Morton 1 Queen of the South 1
    Ross County 3 Alloa Athletic 1

Ayr Utd v Partick Thistle 2-1
    Dundee Utd v Dunfermline Athletic 1-1
    Falkirk v Inverness CT 0-0
    Morton v Queen of the South 2-2
    Ross County v Alloa Athletic 2-0 JOKER

Ayr Utd 1 v 1 Partick Thistle
    Dundee Utd 1 v 1 Dunfermline Athletic
    Falkirk 1 v 1 Inverness CT
    Morton 1 v 1 Queen of the South
    Ross County 2 v 0 Alloa Athletic (joker)

"I also wondered how difficult it would be to construct an 'all-time' league table. I wouldn't be near the top because I missed half a season once, I missed three weeks in a row and took a break after that."

Time to "fess up".......

The mysterious Bob Agari who won this previously is actually yours truly.
    Basically it is wordplay on BAWBAGGERY!! (continuing the "Bag" connection)
    Having been scunnered by various posters refering to middleagebawbag continuously,
    I thought I would have a wee bit of fun.So with regards to the all time league,I must be there or thereabouts near the top.
    Last edited by Bagapapa; 31-07-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post

Time to "fess up".......

The mysterious Bob Agari who won this previously is actually yours truly.
    Basically it is wordplay on BAWBAGGERY!! (continuing the "Bag" connection)
    Having been scunnered by various posters refering to middleagebawbag continuously,
    I thought I would have a wee bit of fun.So with regards to the all time league,I must be there or thereabouts near the top.
    Good stuff. Bob Agari
    I like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)