+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT- Peter Willsman

OT- Peter Willsman

Apart from being a bit blunt, what did he actually do wrong?

How is the PLP, or the wider party in general, being anti semitic on a regular basis or even at all? All he was doing is saying 'look, they have this opinion, ask them for examples'......

I'm no fan of Corbyn but this is being used as part of the wider campaign to get rid of him IMO. I don't believe that the Labour Party is anti semitic, just because it won't adopt the full definition of anti semitism (partly dicated by Israel) as policy.

So again, what has Peter Willsman done wrong for people to be calling for his removal?

Don't worry, not long to wait for the football now!

I don't profess to understand the politics of this nor the finer points but I caught a radio program yesterday in which there were some detailed and heated discussions on this. On one level the basic argument seems to be covered in the article at https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8470496.html and a Jewish stance of "don't you tell us what anti-semitism is!". Whatever the rights and wrongs Labour seems to have got itself on a back foot having to concoct excuses, explanations and apologies.

One thing that I'm not clear about is the issue of Jewish loyalty to Israel/UK. We must have many thousands of dual nationality citizens who if things turned out badly might have to make a choice of which nation to support. In my idealistic youth I (to my eternal regret) turned down the opportunity to get Australian citizenship because I'd fail the "cricket test" otherwise I'd be back there like a shot.

It all seems like childish playground nonsense to me, it's like the Labour party said "Anti-Semitism is wrong and we're sorry if it exists in our party, we'll do our best to stop it" and the replies back are "You didn't say VERY sorry so neh neh you hate jews!"

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It all seems like childish playground nonsense to me, it's like the Labour party said "Anti-Semitism is wrong and we're sorry if it exists in our party, we'll do our best to stop it" and the replies back are "You didn't say VERY sorry so neh neh you hate jews!"
    This has been going on in the Labour party for years and has been continuously brushed under the carpet. Their desire to retain the Muslim vote will ensure that it never gets properly dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    This has been going on in the Labour party for years and has been continuously brushed under the carpet. Their desire to retain the Muslim vote will ensure that it never gets properly dealt with.
    So Tony, as our resident Theologian, what did PW say that is so wrong and how on a daily basis, in practical terms, is the Labour party anti semitic?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    So Tony, as our resident Theologian, what did PW say that is so wrong and how on a daily basis, in practical terms, is the Labour party anti semitic?
    You would have to ask those who are privvy to the internal wranglings of the Labour party or those over the years who have raised the warning bells. I would imagine that PW's generalisation of Trump loving Jews did not endear himself to too many either in the Jewish community or within the Labour part itself. His rant would appear to me to be ill conceived and poorly timed.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    You would have to ask those who are privvy to the internal wranglings of the Labour party or those over the years who have raised the warning bells. I would imagine that PW's generalisation of Trump loving Jews did not endear himself to too many either in the Jewish community or within the Labour part itself. His rant would appear to me to be ill conceived and poorly timed.
    But still, neither yourself or anyone else has given a single example of anti semitism in practice. All that PW has asked for is evidence, yes he was loud but his words resonate with me and probably with others. As a country, certain liberal quarters are allowing us to be dicated to by minorities, some justified but others simply not.

We're the most accepting and inclusive country in the World yet we constaly get our feet held over the flames for no good reason.

I agree with JC's not adopting the full definition of anti semitism, it's been dictated by Israel and clearly aims to prevent any critcism of their state.

But still, neither yourself or anyone else has given a single example of anti semitism in practice. All that PW has asked for is evidence, yes he was loud but his words resonate with me and probably with others. As a country, certain liberal quarters are allowing us to be dicated to by minorities, some justified but others simply not.

We're the most accepting and inclusive country in the World yet we constaly get our feet held over the flames for no good reason.

I agree with JC's not adopting the full definition of anti semitism, it's been dictated by Israel and clearly aims to prevent any critcism of their state.
    You may find the att'd article helpful in understanding. For me, the Labour party is a complete non entity anyway and what goes on behind their closed doors is something I would rather not even consider let alone speculate on.

http://kantorcenter.tau.ac.il/sites/...h%20180128.pdf

Ask the Jewish MPs and members of the Labour Party what they think, they know more about any racism against them than you or me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Ask the Jewish MPs and members of the Labour Party what they think, they know more about any racism against them than you or me.
    Per[ppetrated by the PLP?

This evidence, if there is any, is all that Willsman was asking for and he's been slaughtered!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast