+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st game v Reading

1st game v Reading

So what you guys think will happen? Reading don't appear to be that strong on paper, what is the best bet for this?
    Can you win or will it be a draw? MA is a pretty good tipster, where's your money on, or do you advise a skip and wait for until you've seen more?
    I'm waiting to see the Asian Handicap, if Derby are offering more than 0.5, I might take that handicap.
    Or maybe the total goals over/under. Do you see more than goals in this?

I'm looking forward to it, but haven't been following Reading to have any idea of what we're up against. As long as we go out positive, I'll enjoy it, regardless of the points result.

Rams win in an 8 goal thriller, recovering from 3-0 down at half time. Hat trick for Wilson, one for Pike and a final one for Walker.

Reading. No wins in pre season. Their final game was against Palace. Possession 49-51. Shots 10-23. Much of their possession was in their own half and they relied on counter attacks. Anybody would think Paul Clement was their manager

They lost 0-2. The Palace goals were an 86th minute penalty that also saw the 85th minute dismissal of a Reading player for the foul and the second came in the 94th.

Bus parking, backward and sideways passing counter attacking is what we can expect from them. The sort of tactics we have struggled to combat in previous seasons. If we can get a quick goal they will have to come out and our speedy "front 5" can cause havoc. The longer it stays 0-0, the more confident they will become.

I'm going 0-2 and 3 points to Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Reading. No wins in pre season. Their final game was against Palace. Possession 49-51. Shots 10-23. Much of their possession was in their own half and they relied on counter attacks. Anybody would think Paul Clement was their manager

They lost 0-2. The Palace goals were an 86th minute penalty that also saw the 85th minute dismissal of a Reading player for the foul and the second came in the 94th.

Bus parking, backward and sideways passing counter attacking is what we can expect from them. The sort of tactics we have struggled to combat in previous seasons. If we can get a quick goal they will have to come out and our speedy "front 5" can cause havoc. The longer it stays 0-0, the more confident they will become.

I'm going 0-2 and 3 points to Derby.
    Reading lost 0-4 to Palace not 0-2

0-1 to Derby...spending the weekend with relatives in Wales...bad planning, they haven’t got Sky. Bugger...I look forward to MA’s joyful match report.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Reading lost 0-4 to Palace not 0-2
    Weird that. When I looked on their site a couple of days ago it read 0-2. Cabaye (who is at Al Nasr, not Palarse) penalty in the 86th and a second goal for someone in 90 (+4)..... just looked again and it was, indeed, 0-4. Just what did I look at?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    0-1 to Derby...spending the weekend with relatives in Wales...bad planning, they haven’t got Sky. Bugger...I look forward to MA’s joyful match report.
    If you're going to relatives surely you could all go out to the boozer for a few beers and watch the match, especially
    in Wales where they seem to be fans of a sheep too!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Weird that. When I looked on their site a couple of days ago it read 0-2. Cabaye (who is at Al Nasr, not Palarse) penalty in the 86th and a second goal for someone in 90 (+4)..... just looked again and it was, indeed, 0-4. Just what did I look at?
    Me thinks possibly a previous fixture.

Report I read said Reading were poor and Palace ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The bad planning would appear to have been set in motion long ago when you acquired relatives in Wales - especially if they happen to reside in the teetotal parts of the province, So that's you packed off to chapel on Sunday morning as well I guess, but I imagine they know how to handle you when you start going on about the 13 man poorer cousin of the rugby they love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)