+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Villa vs Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    He's got some left peg has McGinn and reminds me a bit of Birchy/Houghton - i only we could get Benteke!
    I saw exactly the same WCV. On reflection, I would go further in that McGinn is like Snoddy, only with pace, the uncanny ability to stay on his feet and offers a consistent decent delivery.
    First time that I’ve seen him live, but have seen the Hibs/hearts derby (the only Scottish match that I watch) on TV many a time and never seen him dissapoint.
    Now I’m not one to go overboard on a player, nor am I known for my scouting/player expertise, but this lad is made for us. Always demands the ball, always willing to run at the opposition.
    He was doing shooting practice pre match right in front of us, and I swear that neither my son, nor myself have seen a ball hit so bloody hard in our lives.
    Only word of caution being that methinks he likes a tackle a little TOO much.

Great though innit Exiled, May 26th we were dead and buried, now here we are with a gem of a player, JG staying, 2 wins both having come from behind. Just need to solve the striker (6 goals so far in 2 games, none from attackers) and CB issue if Tuanzebe doesn't settle with Chezzie.

I'm also excited about the prospect of De Laet down the right now that his suspension is over.

Back 4 in fact 442 is needed? A left back and Center Forward in Bolaisie and Abrahams will do for me! Then we can push on but great start.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Great though innit Exiled, May 26th we were dead and buried, now here we are with a gem of a player, JG staying, 2 wins both having come from behind. Just need to solve the striker (6 goals so far in 2 games, none from attackers) and CB issue if Tuanzebe doesn't settle with Chezzie.

I'm also excited about the prospect of De Laet down the right now that his suspension is over.
    Very promising WCV, very true regarding up front and CH, and if RDL can continue his pre season form. Still, 6 from 6 is 5pts more than this time last season.
    We certainly aint pretty on the eye and never will be under the current manager, everything is so scrappy. I do worry for when we play the likes of Leeds, Boro and Olbyun, who have pace and proper strikers. Think Gayle was a player SB should have offered Kodge for in a swap.
    Anyhoo, we’ll see what the loan market brings us.

Agree 100% Exiled, the key for us this season is to bounce back whenever a defeat happens - we had some brilliant runs last time out and some dismal ones too which ultimately proved to be our undoing. Bruce is too one dimensional for me but does have a decent record at this level, hopefully he won't turn McGinn into a bang average midfielder!

Great posts. If we can get snoddy back we will have two very good crossers from both sides. With Grealish in the middle our midfield would be superb. We just need someone with some aerial ability up front to notd them in.
    Jedi doesn't look like a centre back unless that was just a bad day in the office.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)