+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cambridge away.

Cambridge away.

Right I'm fed up of this forum being full of OT threads with the season so close, am I the only one feeling excited & enthusiastic about the upcoming games? I honestly haven't felt a "buzz" like this since I was in short pants. ST for my new seat in the Pavis picked up. a new home shirt invested in & I am counting the days until Kick Off & seriously toying with the Cambridge trip so time to check prices/ travel etc, what's on the OS ? bugger all, is the new season honestly only a few days away? popped on their site & it's about the same, I know that for some money is no object but for me it will be difficult to make arrangements for the trip without knowing prices/leaving times etc. On a lighter note it's been many years since I did the Cambridge trip so any advice, decent pubs etc are more than welcome. COYP..

This is my home game but there's a chance I may not be able to go �� - but working on it. Pubs around the ground are not great. One option is the Wrestlers on Newmarket Road where you can get a good Thai meal - not a football pub as such though. Couple of doors up from that is the Corner House. Been in there before a game and not seen other Notts fans - does not seem to encourage football fans either. In fact not sure of any pub that really encourages football fans. Try the Tram Depot or the Hopbine - good beers and burgers - in town, or between the station and the ground there's a load of good beer pubs in the Mill Road area. Salisbury Arms, Kingston Arms, The Alex to name a few. There's a big Spoons called the Regal (ex cinema) on St Andrews Street right in town further from the ground. As I said I am not sure of any of these really encouraging groups of fans. The Cambridge Supporters club at the ground apparently lets away fans in but never been in myself. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Right I'm fed up of this forum being full of OT threads with the season so close, am I the only one feeling excited & enthusiastic about the upcoming games? I honestly haven't felt a "buzz" like this since I was in short pants. ST for my new seat in the Pavis picked up. a new home shirt invested in & I am counting the days until Kick Off & seriously toying with the Cambridge trip so time to check prices/ travel etc, what's on the OS ? bugger all, is the new season honestly only a few days away? popped on their site & it's about the same, I know that for some money is no object but for me it will be difficult to make arrangements for the trip without knowing prices/leaving times etc. On a lighter note it's been many years since I did the Cambridge trip so any advice, decent pubs etc are more than welcome. COYP..
    We go on our jollies Sunday , back the day before the Yeovil game so will miss Cambridge but been there a couple of times ancient. There is a retail park next to the ground and a big Tesco's behind a row of shops with a pub where I had a quick pint in on one visit. One or two other pubs near the ground but I never went in the them so I can't tell you what there like . We parked the car in the retail park , I don't remember paying but if your'e driving , I would check mate. One last thing , you have to walk through what looks like a field to get to the away end. If you do go , bring back 3 points mate. COYP
    Last edited by navypie; 31-07-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Indeed Campie...good pubs Mill Road area...no doubt the real ale bus will be calling at Cambridge Blue and Kingston Arms. I went in Tram Depot for the first time recently and was very impressed 🍺

Saturday 11th August away to Cambridge United 1st away game off 2018 2019 promotion season the coach will leave Meadow Lane at 11am priced are £18.00 adults £15.00 for u16 and u 11 years travel free if interested please contact malcolm on 07789856651 or Iris 07946021408.

This is the info from the unofficial supporters club for the game. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Saturday 11th August away to Cambridge United 1st away game off 2018 2019 promotion season the coach will leave Meadow Lane at 11am priced are £18.00 adults £15.00 for u16 and u 11 years travel free if interested please contact malcolm on 07789856651 or Iris 07946021408.

This is the info from the unofficial supporters club for the game. Hope that helps.
    Cheers Tony & all, if I go it will probably be with Malc & Iris I will make my decision on Saturday after a chat with the boys.